1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride

B541Niner said:
Looks great...always liked that color cuz of the Z1R. Had a Nova that color and was considering for my bike but you beat me to it so I have a couple others in mind.
This is a 1970 Plymouth color, so you're safe.

Kiley is a great friend all around, I love getting together during Barber's vintage festival. It's a chunk of time I look forward to. You just never know what's gonna go on but can always count on the camaraderie and good time with friends that are more like family. Here is a fond memory to remember
8b48c301055da1dea0bf2632634a7f4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too keen on how much this Dyna drains the electrical system, so we're going to do a little experiment...

13479ddd16c0a665807f730be1f95843.jpg

Tune-A-Fish said:
resistors? inline with the ignition for?
Diodes. Messing around with the Dyna, we noticed they function by charging the backing plate on the hall sensor. So at times, there is a charge in the motor to ground, even when the bike is not running, but when ignition is on. It doesn't always matter where the magnet is. At any point, you can pull the hall senser off the base plate, take the hall senser and touch it's backing plate anywhere on the bike, and send a spark. The hope is that by installing the diode, it puts a "gate valve" inline to between the hall sensor and the coils, so once it sends its charge, it breaks the loop, and doesn't continue to draw through the coils.

Oh hell thats great, do you run Dyna coils too?... must have come on that by chance? I have a DynoS on my CB so Ill be looking for results here.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Oh hell thats great, do you run Dyna coils too?... must have come on that by chance? I have a DynoS on my CB so Ill be looking for results here.
It started with killing the cell on a relatively new battery. So, I completely wired the bike from scratch to have a clean base to start with, then started figuring out draw in various systems in hopes to prevent it again. We all know the achilles heal on these bikes seems to start at the charging system. Working with a friend much more knowledgeable than me, I figured out these Dynas can pull as much as 2v. He has a perfectly running CB400f to compare with and a few spare Dynas. So we started running experiments. Funny thing is, when I talked with Dyna, they said I have a short in my wiring loom based on what I was describing. Maybe I explained it wrong, or confused them, but one this is for sure- when we did the same tests on the 400f, we got the same results.

deviant said:
It started with killing the cell on a relatively new battery. So, I completely wired the bike from scratch to have a clean base to start with, then started figuring out draw in various systems in hopes to prevent it again. We all know the achilles heal on these bikes seems to start at the charging system. Working with a friend much more knowledgeable than me, I figured out these Dynas can pull as much as 2v. He has a perfectly running CB400f to compare with and a few spare Dynas. So we started running experiments. Funny thing is, when I talked with Dyna, they said I have a short in my wiring loom based on what I was describing. Maybe I explained it wrong, or confused them, but one this is for sure- when we did the same tests on the 400f, we got the same results.

Dyna wont admit a failure unless they admit it to the public. Hope it fixes it and simply by default it will (or should) protect the system from miss wire, power surge from charge or jump start. let me know the bits when you get dialed in.

Fork seal popped a leak, so instead of pulling the front end I cut up a body putty squeegee, slid it between the seal and the fork tube, rotated around the fork until the black grit quit coming out. Wiped dry. Pressed up and down on the forks a few times to reseat, wiping in between. No more leak.

dc9a76454e07024bf2a7d43b074ea572.jpg

deviant said:
Fork seal popped a leak, so instead of pulling the front end I cut up a body putty squeegee, slid it between the seal and the fork tube, rotated around the fork until the black grit quit coming out. Wiped dry. Pressed up and down on the forks a few times to reseat, wiping in between. No more leak.

That's a great tip. Thanks!

Tune-A-Fish said:
I got a pack of these: to try and it worked as this has, lots of dirt so i will do seals soon also.

mot_10_sea_mat_for_sea_cle.jpg
waiting on these myself.

sheeeeiitt fork seals hold forty thousand metric tons of pressure theres no way in hell they ever leaked, you buncha goons :p

Seriously though, never tried using that method to clear dirt and re-seal, but i will now.

deviant said:
waiting on these myself.

I got two of these freebies at a race cant remember the size but likely low 30's to 40 mm yet to try it.

full_IMG_1309_620863.jpg

Back
Top Bottom