CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie (Weenie) 2.0 -

That looks like the 6v RR I got from Matt. The RR on my 360, think it's a Ricks, came with the bike, is 3 wires to the stator, red with an inline fuse straight to the battery and then a ground to frame. Does that RR have 6 wires?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

3DogNate said:
Matt's out f the country... so I'll ask you guys.

I'm running one of Matt's Rec/Reg combos... the 5 wire yellow/pink/green/black/red one...
rr.jpg

I have it currently wired as follows

Yellow+White from stator connected to Yellow
Pink from stator connected to Pink
Battery & Key Switch Red to Red (Black from Key switch connects to the main fuse and fuse block)
Ground to Green
Nothing to Black

Should I be connecting my black to the black wire on the Key switch also so that the REC/REG can sense when the Key is engaged? His site just says "Black - Voltage sensing. +12V when ignition switch on"

Yes. hook up the black.

Also, The 12v and 6v matt sells are virtually identical. In appearance.

Well I finished he re-wire today and replaced both coils and I am firing on both cylinders... Whee!

Idle seems okay and rolls to red line with no hesitation with no load. I have work to do on my brakes before I can ride But it's looking good... I am going to give electronic ignition another try next week.

Maybe tomorrow I'll tackle those brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie 2.0 -

trek97 said:
Cool! keep posts coming.

I pulled the front brake pads to see what was up with the front brakes being so grabby... I knock .020" or so off them on the lathe and still grabby. It looks like my issue might be the master cylinder as it's not returning to the relaxed position.(I made an attempt at rebuilding it last year and evidently did a poor job, we'll ditch the stocker). the caliper seems fine, I rebuilt that long time ago... I ordered a new after market master cylinder perch off Amazon, we'll see if a new part takes care of my brake issue. it'll add to the "look" if it works out too which is nice.

Here's a couple of pics of her with her new look... I pulled it out and washed all the gook from working on it and being stored for a year+. I also gave it a sprint around the block even with draggy brake... She seems rather happy right now. I'll get that front brake sorted out and get my registration renewed and get a few miles on it before the season is out.

Dude bike looks great. Did you per chance replace the rubber seal in the caliper with an aftermarket one? I had terrible luck with an aftermarket rubber as it had a TINY I'm talking .25mm ridge in the center from the mold, and it made the piston fit so tight it would push out with the force of the fluid but be too tight to retract on its own. I trashed the aftermarket piece and bought a genuine Honda part off eBay and my troubles disappeared.

adventurco said:
Dude bike looks great. Did you per chance replace the rubber seal in the caliper with an aftermarket one? I had terrible luck with an aftermarket rubber as it had a TINY I'm talking .25mm ridge in the center from the mold, and it made the piston fit so tight it would push out with the force of the fluid but be too tight to retract on its own. I trashed the aftermarket piece and bought a genuine Honda part off eBay and my troubles disappeared.

I think it's my master cylinder that is failing to return... caliper rubber is easy to swap out if that's not it. But yeah there's a bunch of shit I've not had real good luck with on this bike. :)

As long as you got fluid spouting out the master cylinder when you release the lever you should be good on that end. I hear you on that though. Nothing but problems the little 360s

adventurco said:
As long as you got fluid spouting out the master cylinder when you release the lever you should be good on that end. I hear you on that though. Nothing but problems the little 360s

So just to confirm everything I am stating in my posts is correct. I just went out and disassembled my caliper and cleaned the piston and chamber and greased and reinstalled it... and bled the system. The master is still not returning properly... I have to manually return the brake lever to the disengaged position.... when I do the caliper lets go... so it's for sure the master. I figure a newer sport bike style master and matching clutch perch will look trick instead of trying to rebuild the stock one again... I know some others that have used ones similar to the set I ordered and they are working great on their bikes.

Just don't get a Brembo. They'll make you want to stab your eyes out trying to bleed them. I put a 2003-ish Ninja on my CB750. It's got a good size piston and comes with the switch so you can get brake light action from the lever.

Sounds like your master is fubared, I put a 13mm eBay special on the 360 and it works WAY better than the stock. Can't remember the name but it's Italian, the 360 is 2000 miles away currently

Italian would be Brembo or Grimeca, both are good although I prfer Grimeca just cos they are different ;D

Got a new master cylinder and clutch perch installed and a new BYO brake hose made up. Didn't think I was going to get the damn thing bled... I back drove the piston in the caliper and that drove out the problem bubble. After that it feels good.

I can haz brakes!

trek97 said:
Dude that machine is one sweet mother fucker!

Too bad it took a dent in the tank... I'm gonna have to repaint it... at least it was in the black part and on the bottom edge, it doesn't "SCREAM" at you but it'll need to addressed. I'll be able to just redo the black and re-clear it. I might add a vintage Honda Wing logo and a Honda name logo on the tail and and bury those in the clear while I'm at it. Spring...

3DogNate said:
Too bad it took a dent in the tank... I'm gonna have to repaint it... at least it was in the black part and on the bottom edge, it doesn't "SCREAM" at you but it'll need to addressed. I'll be able to just redo the black and re-clear it. I might add a vintage Honda Wing logo and a Honda name logo on the tail and and bury those in the clear while I'm at it. Spring...

Dang, but sounds like you got a working plan.

CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie (Weenie) 2.0 -

trek97 said:
Dang, but sounds like you got a working plan.

Going to Davenport for the big ass MC swap meet on Thursday hoping to find a bunch of stuff for my next Triumph build... I'll keep my eye out for CB360 stuff too because I'm a glutton for punishment. :)

Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for anything in particular

Back
Top Bottom