CB360 (378cc) Green Meanie (Weenie) 2.0 -

So today I got the correct advance and rotor for my electronic ignition (for whatever reason my bike had a 369 stator rotor and a 312 advancer and I had to go back and get a 369 advancer and rotor so that the pickups on the EI would be in the right place...) and the bike runs better than it ever has... Awesome!
The ignition that I'm running is a killer deal off eBay @ $99 and the place that sells it actually knows their shit too... Can't speak better of them...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272337204289
593d12eafae0476ca3d87a850a6498ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, what the heck does the rotor have to do w it? Other than the marks, are the 312 rotors mis-marked according to location of TDC?

trek97 said:
OK, what the heck does the rotor have to do w it?

Changes where the magnet ends up... Relative to the pickups.

The pickups just have to be 90°. I'm a bit confused by that as well. The rotor is just one magnet and no cam.

The description reads "alternator rotor". Unless, its simply a terminology thing.

trek97 said:
Are the pickups individually adjustable?
Yes
deviant said:
The pickups just have to be 90°. I'm a bit confused by that as well. The rotor is just one magnet and no cam.
Sort of... It'll time just fine...

The alternator rotor # needs to match the Advancer #. And they have to send the correct magnet rotor to match your advancer.

If you have the wrong magnet rotor... It'll time... But you can't fit your points cover back on.

Gotcha. Now that makes sense to me. I was wondering, because I've made one from altering a GL Dyna. There's also this... http://xs650temp.proboards.com/thread/7899?page=1

trek97 said:
Thats cool that its now running good!

I took a quick ride around, ran pretty decent. Right cylinder is still a little spotty... Need to do a sync and set mix screws... For tomorrow...

Got out and did the carb sync... they were a bit out... so that smoothed things out. My fuel line to the right carb was a little shortish so I replaced that with a more appropriate length.

Will get out and putt around and get it good and warmed up and work on the fuel:air mix screws. (Center stand and 2x4 under the front wheel Eric. ;) thanks for the tip.)

So I got out and rode around a bit and when it got good and warmed up it'd idle like shit... plugs were wet and black when I checked them... Found a couple of issues.. I had a leak around the left boot/insulator/manifold... I squared up the manifold flats on the head with a large flat file and reinstalled the boots with a little Yamabond. Then swapped back to the 100 secondary mains... got out and popped around the neighborhood and it's doing even better, and it's still not too lean despite stock jetting and GS850 pistons and my scrambler shorty exhaust.

Clutch needs addressing... still ain't quite right... I'm going to give it an adjustment and confirm that's right on before I start mucking with plates and springs... I do have a set of CB550 springs and a set of in spec plates if it doesn't adjust out.

I got out yesterday morning and worked on the clutch. Swapped over to my spare clutch plate stack which was in spec. And I followed Deviant's recommendation to use some CB550 springs.. Which I did and it feels great now... No more slipping and good feel at the lever. (Finding neutral is not all that easy any longer... Gonna have to see if I can find a sweet spot in the adjustment)
That's the EBC Spring on the bottom that you get for a CB360 (CSK4 I think) and the CSK9 the I just installed on top.
44d70ccb28e498b69d076e258772d0e6.jpg

I've been having issues with charging too... I took my battery to Batteries+ for testing... The battery is unable to take a charge. So that got replaced today. What voltage should I see running say 5k rpm? I'm measuring 13.8vDC that should keep me charged right?

Did a quick rundown of voltages

Idle = 12.61 vDC
2k = 12.95 vDC
3k = 13.88 vDC
4k = 13.94 vDC
5k = 14.00 vDC
6k = 14.10 vDC

This was with headlight off... so only things drawing power is the ignition, LED Tail Light and LED Gauge lights. I'm using one of Matt's REC/REGs Thoughts? Am I good or do i need to address something? Seems a bit puny... But these bikes are a bit puny on the charging system... But is it "normal"? Or below normal?

Looks exactly the same as my 360 and my CL100 12v conversion. Havent put either bike on the charger all summer. And havent been doing a whole lot of riding on either. Use electric starter on the 360 everytime, the 100 is kick only. Both doing great. I have LED headlights in both bikes.

Most of my time spent in the village...30 mph and less.

Oh, and I rode the 360 a few times w the dual O2 sensors operational. They draw 6 amps themselves.

trek97 said:
Looks exactly the same as my 360 and my CL100 12v conversion. Havent put either bike on the charger all summer. And havent been doing a whole lot of riding on either. Use electric starter on the 360 everytime, the 100 is kick only. Both doing great. I have LED headlights in both bikes.

Most of my time spent in the village...30 mph and less.

Okay... that's good to know... the old battery has had a really hard life of drain > Charge > drain > charge > repeat.... It may have just given up on me. I had a miswired REC/REG on it at one time too... :-[ I am wired correctly now.

I'll drive it a couple of weeks before doing anything extreme.

I may send my carbs off to PJ later this week too to do his thing on while I'm vacationing.

trek97 said:
Oh, and I rode the 360 a few times w the dual O2 sensors operational. They draw 6 amps themselves.
Does a 360 even have 6 amps to spare? Did you get a rewound stator, trek?

Duchat said:
Does a 360 even have 6 amps to spare? Did you get a rewound stator, trek?

Nope, just the sparkmoto R/R and leds. I knew it would be pushing her. But, i cruised her around, in and out of town and she did fine. Ridden her 3 separate trips. Not real long rides but enough to see what the carbs were doing.
My headlight has a little 3 watt daytime running lamp. So I kept the Led headlight shut off to minimize things. Off the top of my head, I dont recall what the LED headlight draws.

Back
Top Bottom