1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing Rat Rod thing...

JustinLonghorn

No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
So, I picked this up today:

Fit quite nicely in the back of the Odyssey (unlike the fucking DR I traded for it)

No Clue what I am going to do with it, yet. I do know that the Jack Daniels bottle will be Gone. As will the tractor tail light. An actual rear fender will be fitted.

I hope to build a gas tank that fits the frame eventually, the magna tank just isn't doing it for me.

Any suggestions on tanks, let me know.

if anyone has a stock GL1000 seats sitting around, I am definitely interested. I could also use a stock rear fender.

Alright. So it begins.

Yessir. Are you looking for the straight seat? They're pretty spendy. Ya might want to do like Boyer did and make one ya damn self.. Looks like there's a stock seat pan under that beautiful upholstery job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the helmet hanger

11494-040415100448.jpeg

That seat doesn't look bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That tank is soooo good in person. There is a ant with a flame thrower shooting a eagle in the fAce

I've got it's younger sister a 79 model, my kids call it Ugly Birdy. The later 80s model CB450 seat fit the frame pretty well and provide lower seat height. I've had mine nearly 10 years and it just sits in the garage as a "someday" project. I'm retiring in May, so maybe the time will be right to get to it. Make sure you check the cam belt and replace if needed before you start riding it. Also, the molex connector on the wires coming from the alternator has a tendency to melt, it will take out the stator if it does. The easy repair is to cut out the connector and soldier the wires together.
Rider

Luckily the belts were just done.

I believe that I am going to get Sparck Moto to create an all new harness for this beast.

Justin the engine is now yours so unless you really know the guy the just did the belts check them over yourself

simple thing but the foundation of it running

Yep, sign me up to watch. Let me know if you need anything. I may have a few spare gaskets etc.

Back
Top Bottom