Honda 1100 chop

Schmeck750

If you can't buy it, build it.
Been awhile since I've gotten up here. Looks like a lot of sweet chops so it got me into making another. Picked up a honda sabre vt1100 in parts . Someone cut the frame down the center in the back and left it out to die. I traded a small cheap mig welder for the entire bike minus the tank and fenders. Gonna fix up this chopper. : )

2002 Honda vt1100 sabre driveshaft chop. Got the motor in some of the frame . Then cut the neck off to extend the frame . Going to allow for some space over the motor cuz the carbs take up a lot of room . Took some of the existing frame to extend the neck up about 9 1/2 inches which should be plenty. Got the 2 inch back bone on the way then I'll put the neck back on when I'm sure there's enough clearance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 313
The neck is tacked on . Waiting on my backbone to get here. Damn severe storm delayed ups and it didn't even rain! Just Thor slamming his 2lb maw around.
Ended up recutting and welding my extensions. Originally open butt welded them but after thinking about how much stress will be put on the extended tube I decided to slug em. Here's a picture of what I did instead of leaving the butt weld. It's a much better connection In my opinion. Will post pictures of backbone whenever I get to welding it on. Going to put a 3.4 gallon coffin gas tank on the bike . Had a peanut tank on my last chopper but they just seem so small. :/ bigger is better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 284
This is the last chopper bobber whatever I built with the peanut tank. Worked great but this 1100 needs a beefier tank . Still regret selling this bike .which is why I'm building another :)

A guy near me who does nice work for a nice price. He's more of a try to get his work out there rather than break your wallet. Here's a close up and there is alittle metal flake in the blue which is seen better in the sun .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 271
Gonna cut more tube off. Trying to reuse as much of the existing frame tube as possible . Go. A reuse the front top two tubes that have that bend . They will go from behind the motor to the backbone :) a nice bend transition

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 281
Yeah canyon you were up here before that kz got painted. I remember seeing some of ur posts

Got the tubes cut off and just an idea of where they can be used . I'm thinking right behind the motor and I'll just cut the tops back alittle to connect to the 2 inch back bone .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 288
Great Bacon said:
i am sorry your bike is now my wallpaper! beautiful bike great worksmanship.

Thanks man. It was a kool bike and I'm hoping this honda will be even better. Got some pictures of the backbone and neck tack welded on. Not sure if I'm going to cut the rear backbone or not. Might have a seat made to fit around it later on down the gravel path. Feel free to chime in ideas cuz I tend to build by the seat of my pants.

Only got one rear leg on for now . Those bent tubes on top of existing frame will work well there .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    963.1 KB · Views: 304
When I get the other rear bar put on I will lower the frame to gently test fit the stock front end just to see how low the frame will sit. The fork neck is still at stock angle just with an added 9 inches of height. Given the angle isn't more than stock it shouldn't handle like a chopper but more a lowered bobber maybe? The geometry will depend on some other things that haven't been instead yet like pegs, seat, bars, rear shocks and of course the front end . Those things can be tweaked if necessary . Good question

Front end wasn't long enough. Derr. So parts will be here tomorrow to build a springer front end . Will look better with a narrow springer anyways :p

Took the rear frame and relocated it down a little bit . Going to make a tank to fit under the seat where the air box used to be. Because the bike has a fuel pump I will have a second tank under the seat ( that will look like an oil tank) to hold even more gas. Because I took the air box out of the equation I turned the rubber manifold around and with a homemade adapter going to fit a kuryakyn hyper charger from a Harley onto it . Refer details stated to the pictures : D frame is messy right now but will clean up.

Back
Top Bottom