81 GS550 Tracker - Miami to St Louis

Got the seat back from upholstery.
IMAG6344_zpswhnvworn.jpg

IMAG6345_1_zpsjl1kv1ab.jpg

Threw the header tubes on and fitted the mufflers to make sure they were angled correctly.
IMAG6366_zpsee090gtl.jpg

The right muffler has to go another .25 to .5" to the right.
IMAG6360_1_zpspzufjuoz.jpg

Nice work, diamond stitch is classic. I just picked up a GS550 the other day. Back in the club :p

pretty clean gs... great job...i really like the stitching and gold lines

i mounted my turns and plate like that and broke it off... you can check out reply #78... admittedly my welds weren't great, but that would have just ruined my tire and severely bent the bracket...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45186.75

wership said:
pretty clean gs... great job...i really like the stitching and gold lines

i mounted my turns and plate like that and broke it off... you can check out reply #78... admittedly my welds weren't great, but that would have just ruined my tire and severely bent the bracket...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45186.75

I appreciate the feedback. I'm still waiting to get longer shocks in so there will be more clearance. In addition, the shocks will be set to their stiffest setting to minimize the possibility of the tire bottoming out on the tail light. I'll ride down the bumpiest streets and on ruts to see how it holds up.

One trick I've learned on this site - only put 1 shock on, then compress the other shock with a ratchet strap until it bottoms out. Easier, safer, and more accurate way to see if mods will hit the tire.

Finally rode the bike last night. Well, I rode it a few days ago but it wouldn't rev passed 3.5K. I went through the carbs a handful of times, through the coils, replaced the coil pickup & advancer. It ended up being the main jets were way too small. Rode well but still has some pops and breakups after a hard shift into the next gear.

IMG_20151007_194449_zpsseob5un9.jpg

IMAG0264_zpsk4ugrmhs.jpg

Made these to mount the turn signals to the headlight mounting bolts. Drill (as straight as possible) and tap.
IMG_20151010_141414_zpsgfocnp6b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom