ZRX1100 - Let's upgrade some stuff.

Dirty is right.

Didn't get too much done tonight and it got dark by the time I could be ready to start it up. My neighbor had a drum circle going on just after dusk anyway. My battery was a lame 11 volts so it was first fire was not meant to be tonight.

Ordered some stuff. Topped off the cooling system, cleaned some stuff.

Here's a shot of the solution to the engine case vent. 1/2" K&N

Attachments

• case_breather.jpg
    case_breather.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 428
@Nebr_Rex, since you reminded me a few posts back, I picked up the 4 degree advancer plate. I have it now and it'll go on pretty quickly. It's from a familiar guy over on zrxoa but its a pretty simple part so it's very straightforward.

So alot will have changed on my Z since I've last run it. So many variables. I'm wondering how close in tune it will be. I also hear my new earthX battery will be here shortly. Adding lightness. More room in the underseat trunk too.

Thanks all of you for following along.

KWICK?
I have a DynoJet kit. Ended up with a Keihin main jet
one step down from the kit. Another guy here in town
had the same experience. Elev. 1100 ft.

Ya, not gonna happen Yinz. Stick around though.'

Nebr, yeah, that's the one.

Attachments

• advancer.jpg
    advancer.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,086
New Pingel fuel valve and purolator filter. No more vacuum petcock.

Attachments

• pingel_nFilter.jpg
    pingel_nFilter.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 439
So back into the timing cover to swap the new advancer plate in.

Attachments

• crank_index.jpg
    crank_index.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 429
  • 4deg_plate.jpg
    4deg_plate.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 421
I got the fuel valve and the fuel filter and lines sorted.

Attachments

• pingel_n_filter_setup1.jpg
    pingel_n_filter_setup1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 431
As documented, the Pingel install required a mod to the tank for the fit.

Attachments

• pingel_modreq.jpg
    pingel_modreq.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,011
Yeah that pingel mod was a last minute surprise for me.

So the dead battery was from the wrong bike. Feeling sheepish, I grabbed the correct one, hooked it up and after the cold engine cranking ritual and various other futzing, I fired it back up for the first time today. Big Z's are fairly cold blooded on startup but once it warmed up I took it for a ride. I'm sitting on a whole different beast. It's awake now. Damn. I can't believe all those changes worked pretty damn well. I mean, I want to dyno it and get a better idea of the fuel/air mix but wow, so close right out of the gate. The fork brace was an eye opener. I had gotten used to the flex all these years. I'll still need to replace the fork seals but it can wait a few more rides. Holy shitballs this bike has new wings.

Attachments

• rexntruck.jpg
    rexntruck.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 420
  • chickenkiller.jpg
    chickenkiller.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 432
Another bit to add. I got an EarthX battery from Sparck. Much lighter and smaller. Put it in and it fired right up. Check out the size difference:

Attachments

• newbatt2.jpg
    newbatt2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 413
  • newbatt1.jpg
    newbatt1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 421
Next up, more tuning. I need to drop the needles a click and see it how it helps with mileage and richness.

Kawasaki did right with this bike. Looks great bone stock and obviously they left the door open for you as far as performance goes.

clem said:
Kawasaki did right with this bike. Looks great bone stock and obviously they left the door open for you as far as performance goes.

Thanks Clem. Remember the ZX-11? Lots of the goodies inside that engine fit the rex. Could be a rabbit hole ahead.

Back
Top Bottom