CB350 Twin electrical issue

sdmast

Ok so a little bit of a back story, a few weeks ago while I was in Georgia, the bike would start to run like shit and eventually die after riding for a little. At this point the coils had already been replaced with Dyna 5.0s from dime city as well as the condenser and the plugs/wires. Also the start button and horn would almost seem to short something out because whenever I would hit the start button the neutral light would go out and I'd just get a click. Same went for the horn button. Moving the kill switch from off to on and vice versa would also cause the neutral light to go off an on. (Bike in neutral and not just mysteriously on)

I got the bike back home and tore it apart to see if I could find anything wrong and as far as I can tell everything is wired right.

I've changed the plugs, the points and replaced the oem right control with a new one.

Now I can get the bike running and idling but it will fall on its face of you try to apply throttle and I can only kick start it. I've set the timing probably 6 times per the instructions in the manual I have and everything seems right but what's really confusing is that when kicking it the neutral light blinks almost with the pulse of the engine and same with the brake lights. The lights all blink in unison with what I'm assuming are he points and advancer.

So naturally I assumed there is a short somewhere or could this still be a timing issue? My valves all seem to be within spec and my carbs are synced.

Any suggestions would really help. Battery is charged and is a motobatt agm battery and the rectifier/regulator are both stock, as well as the starter solenoid.

Thank you,
Scott

Back
Top Bottom