New winter project - 1970 CL350 scrambler tracker

Jrusso96

Accidentally posted this in the cafe forum - moved it here because I will most likely take this in a tracker ish direction.

Picked up a non running, hacked up basket case 1970 CL350. Started working on it this week. The frame was already cut off at the back. I welded in a hoop - which was a little bit of a challenge due to the stamped frame. Cut the hoop pretty short, it will be a cosmetic piece only, not weight bearing. Welded in a battery tray and plan to run the anti gravity 6ah battery. The bike came with what I believe is a mac 2 into 1. I'll be selling this exhaust as I picked up a set of original scrambler pipes on eBay that I plan to use instead. Hoping it turns out well..

How I got it:

This week I'll be cleaning prepping and painting the frame and breaking down the wheels for powder coating. I'll post more progress pics soon

Havent had the time to do get everything done these past weeks. Just broke the wheels down today and will be dropping the hoops off for powder coat this weekend. Painted the frame but forgot to take pictures. Hoping to have it back rolling again within two weeks. Then the fun starts! Polished up the forks today, so theres a little progress.

Back
Top Bottom