1973 ironhead 1000. "the dark side" dead tail

Re: 1973 ironhead 1000. "the dark side" dead tail

JustinLonghorn said:
Yep. Wrap around. Ribbed. And a duck tail.
Sounds like a greasers hair do

hurco550 said:
Sounds like a greasers hair do

You know the honda front fender makes a perfect rear fender for the deadtail, mine has a set of holes in the laser cut pattern above the axle for a fender.

I'm always leaving pics of my bikes in other folks threads so he i go again: note honda fender with stock hoop mount, bolted right on.

index.php

Tune-A-Fish said:
You know the honda front fender makes a perfect rear fender for the deadtail, mine has a set of holes in the laser cut pattern above the axle for a fender.

I'm always leaving pics of my bikes in other folks threads so he i go again: note honda fender with stock hoop mount, bolted right on.

index.php
You know what's funny, I JUST searched for your bsa thread just to find that particular picture

Just a mockup so far, but the shorter cb550 front end is a 100% better look than before. Pretty excited to have some disc brakes too. I have to open up the bearing cups a bit to accept the stem, but a bit of time with the lathe and the all balls tapered neck bearings will fall right in. I'll have to figure out a steering stop too. I'm personally liking where this is going much more.

a84876e003e49a40ce3d27768c66b96c.jpg

b00a9a106e3fa59addb3cb0e03ef1d77.jpg

Oh, and also, now I'm pretty sure the tank has got to go....

hurco550 said:

Think outside of the box... The Kawasaki tank I started with is being painted as an option, so the BSA comes with a wardrobe haha!

hurco550 said:

Tank? What tank? Oh, you mean that funny little blue lump on there? Yeah, gotta go. Got a replacement in mind? (You're probably missing that 500T extra you had...) Too bad I cut up that GSX100G beauty I had I would have donated it! ;D

Tune-A-Fish said:
Yah know Kurc... we need to waddle up on these cruisers at the thaw!
Where is the thaw? I have heard about it, but don't know where it be

Maybe ridesolo could join on his wicked little 360

hurco550 said:
Where is the thaw? I have heard about it, but don't know where it be

Maybe ridesolo could join on his wicked little 360

We need a misfit camp... with beer... lots of beer... oh and Bloody Mary's for breakfast!!

Tune-A-Fish said:
We need a misfit camp... with beer... lots of beer... oh and Bloody Mary's for breakfast!!

beer...uuuummmmmm.....beer..........lemon-ritas too for breakfast.

How am I just seeing this?

I have a mint Sporty tank (needs a petcock and cap) I could give ya on the real cheap.

VonYinzer said:
How am I just seeing this?

I have a mint Sporty tank (needs a petcock and cap) I could give ya on the real cheap.
Dang that would be sweet man. Mind shooting me some pics?

Just curious about all the double your money talk and what a good deal it was when you never mentioned what you paid for it? ;D
As far as how do you turn one with those long forks. Most street riding you turn the forks less than 5*, it's not like your going road racing with one of those, lean it and it turns. A stock Sportster tank would look 100% better than that "ugly lump" as someone described it. All Balls doesn't have a bearing to fit your stem and bearing cups?
Your disclaimer is usually an instant magnet for criticism, as though anyone heeds though disclaimers. ::)

Back
Top Bottom