Triumph Thruxton Brat/Tracker Project

Typically, from all I have read, with the Bonneville removal of the Air Injection and O2, along with the 2-2 tune and the proper capacitors there is not an issue. The O2 sensors are only in play a very small amount of time at low throttle.

Was beautiful here today and was able to get the Air Injection removed, Arrow 2-2 download and some final touches on phase 1 of the build. Runs great, rides OK (shocks suck), but I did get one good shot that shows most of the work so far. This was just before I lost one of the stubbie mufflers unfortunately!

Rabbit.jpg

Picked up a velocity stack this week and mounted it on the mouth of the air box, will need to cut the side panel so that it fits properly and gets clean air.

After reading quite a lot about this over the pods and, for now, I think this is a better solution. I am just not seeing a massive increase in HP for a $500 air box removal project. Yea, it would drop some weight, so it may be a future mod.

I will post a picture after I get the side panel modified this weekend.

I think this came out pretty nice, will test tomorrow to see if the changes to the air intake and AI removal feels like it had any impact.

Velocity Stack mounted to the stock cover;

IMG_1180.jpg

Trimmed the cover to mount over the stack;

IMG_1181.jpg

NoRiders said:
I think I like that :)

Thanks, its subtle which I like. I got a 3 inch stack, a 2.5 would look a bit nicer as it would hug the side pannel closer. This one sticks out just a bit more, but it looks pretty good. I may reposition is a it lower if I can, but in general I am happy with it.

Hope to test it a bit later. Raining now. :-\ :-\

Aside from some off-idle (partial throttle) stumbling and low rpm hesitation, with a bit of a throttle nudge the bike now responds quickly and runs hard.

Pretty happy ;)

I suspect the partial throttle hesitation and stumble are from the fully open exhaust. I may need to remove the O2 sensors to help that.

Back
Top Bottom