Why not one more. Snowmobile engine board track "replica"

Re: Why not one more. Snowmobile engine deadtail

ridesolo said:
Why? You're putting it into a hardtail frame, so how come you'd be worried about a little vibration? ;D

Are you going to do a torque converter and a jack shaft, mini bike style or are you going to primary belt/chain it into a transmission?
I'm gonna use a snowmobile torque converter setup. I'd love a divorced transmission, but I'm to cheap and lazy =p

hurco550 said:
I'm gonna use a snowmobile torque converter setup. I'd love a divorced transmission, but I'm to cheap and lazy =p

Understood. That could be a good temporary setup until you find a tranny and then build Ver. 2.0. Hmmm, you being the machinist guy that you are, perhaps you could build one up by machining a case and then put in the guts from a Honda/Kawi/Suzi/Yam unit? :eek:

;D

Driver_side.jpg

ridesolo said:
Understood. That could be a good temporary setup until you find a tranny and then build Ver. 2.0. Hmmm, you being the machinist guy that you are, perhaps you could build one up by machining a case and then put in the guts from a Honda/Kawi/Suzi/Yam unit? :eek:
Don't put these thoughts in my head lol thanks man, I won't be sleeping tonight ;)

Tune-A-Fish said:
Pretty rad! Hoping to execute it a little better though lol

hurco550 said:
Pretty rad! Hoping to execute it a little better though lol

What, no gas pipe frame welded to the head stock or the redneck french fryer lol

Tune-A-Fish said:
What, no gas pipe frame welded to the head stock or the redneck french fryer lol
Haha I do like the structural pipe elbow. I try not to judge to much though lol at least the guy or gal that built it did something probably with what was available to him

hurco550 said:
Haha I do like the structural pipe elbow. I try not to judge to much though lol at least the guy or gal that built it did something probably with what was available to him

We rode horses only three generations ago so I'm always amazed by how far things have come after thousands of years with nothing.

I have a dirt bike bottom end (RM125 I think). Just cut the front of the cases, machine up an adapter... Boom. 5 spd trans. :)

VonYinzer said:
I have a dirt bike bottom end (RM125 I think). Just cut the front of the cases, machine up an adapter... Boom. 5 spa trans. :)
The more I think about it, if I make it an automatic, the hipster I sell it to can hold his pbr while riding it in his pipeburn photo shoot

hurco550 said:

What about a Royal Enfield gearbox. can be had cheap with clutch and everything. would look neat in behind the motor.

Brodie said:
What about a Royal Enfield gearbox. can be had cheap with clutch and everything. would look neat in behind the motor.
Got an extra laying around? I'm definitely not against the idea

Tune-A-Fish said:
This is more what I'm going for ;)

https://youtu.be/CZgx_6XaEkg

Haha I don't even have a complete one for me.

Auto bikes just seem odd.

Will you be using the same seat as your inspirational video?

haha I do have a few of those seats hanging around, I just don't think I can make myself do that...

got my bracketry all designed for the frame jig. Hopefully I can get it back from the waterjet soon =) I bought 60bucks worth of bolts online so I hope this all works out lol. (in the cad drawing I didn't draw all the bars to full length.....)
e89ce921273f2022ce1af9230e6d1a42.jpg

hurco550 said:
got my bracketry all designed for the frame jig. Hopefully I can get it back from the waterjet soon =) I bought 60bucks worth of bolts online so I hope this all works out lol. (in the cad drawing I didn't draw all the bars to full length.....)
e89ce921273f2022ce1af9230e6d1a42.jpg

When you cut those cut two each ;D

Ha, I was thinking about selling "kits". Of course there would be a DTT discount

Back
Top Bottom