T500 Titan Twingle

jimmer said:
Not familiar with that word?

You know, like NASCAR. Go fast, turn left, repeat. Was playing off what was said about the pipe limiting right hand turns on your bike.

I checked spark when I first got it out of the basement, all good. Today I wrapped up several odds and ends , checked things over and put fuel in. Kick and kick a few more times. Hmm. No fire,no spark! I modified a working unit I had for this bike. Oops, it must have cooked. Oh well. Just another hiccup. Here is the stance with new struts. It feels very "right" in the saddle now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 512
heck yeah man. im digging this thing. curious to see how she runs out for sure, but nice work so far =)

Pretty cool machine you're crankin' out there jimmer! :D I've been following along. Can't wait to see how she runs. 8)

Ignition is sorted out,starts nice, idles nice, a bit doggy down low and starts to come around just as I run out of street. I have a video on my phone,but won't load up to the forum.

Link to blog for videos: http://t500twingle.blogspot.com edit: seems to work from computers, but not phones?!?

jimmer said:
Link to blog for videos: http://t500twingle.blogspot.com edit: seems to work from computers, but not phones?!?

Cool! 8)

I finally got out to the track. Bad news: the Twingle is SLOW. Won't rev over 5850 rpm. Good news is nothing broke or fell off,it starts and runs very nice, shifts and brakes nice, and comes out of the gate pretty peppy. Without trying very hard it pulls 1.85 60' and runs with much faster bikes up to 3rd gear. 14.3 to 14.5@ a wopping 83mph. Yikes. 7 passes today. It is actually pretty fun to the 1/8 mile mark, then just falls flat.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 479
New day today. Put the largest power jet in I have and gained 5mph @1/8, 8mph@ 1/4. 13.59/13.68 range. Won first round of eliminations , lost second round rolling out too much at the stripe. 6 passes for today.

Ran another bracket race yesterday. Bike was extremely consistent, more then the rider! 6 passes over an 8 hour period and ran same et's and mph at all points on the track. Ran a ZX10 in second round of eliminations and rolled out a bit much and he nipped me at the stripe.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 731
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 744
Bike is still heavy @324# fueled, ready to go. Still has stock steel wheels,and many stock heavy parts on it yet. It pulls very nicely to 6200 and completely falls off the pipe. At least I'm thinking it is the pipe and not the single carb. Stock motors will pull at least 1000 rpm more than what this does. It pulls like a freight train from idle though.

Back
Top Bottom