Honda CB750c 1982

skwurl

Hey!

So i always wanted to build a bike but never did. I got a chance to buy a Honda CB750c from 1982 for cheap.
Im going to change some stuff and try to figure out how it works and taking some pictures along the way.
Hope to get some feedback or help if needed.

P.S. i bought the bike with the pods. We will see what happens.

This is how i bought the bike:

IMG_2915.jpg

So i went to work and took a lot of stuff off.

IMG_2925.jpg

After that i thought i wanted to get a seat asap.

IMG_2864.jpg

Tried the fit and it look ok. Still some bending to do though.

IMG_2868.jpg

Bought a new tank from a CB750KZ. Fits like a glove ;D

IMG_2921.jpg

Also went to the junkyard and found this 4-1 exhaust.

IMG_2920.jpg

Started getting all the layers of old paint of the tank and doing it by hand.
omg its been 3 hours and only the top is done.

IMG_2934.jpg

So yesterday i went and put the tank on just to see how thing would look and i think it looks pretty cool already.

IMG_2951.jpg

Today i got the lights and all the small thing out of the way and boy does it look naked!

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

This week i dont have a lot of time but sunday im gonna try and weld the hoop on the back.
Never welded before so it should be fun. Will keep this updated along the way.

For a 34 year old tank it's pretty good. I'm planning on cleaning it anyway just to be sure. But by the look of it only a little superficial rust in the center.

those pods on there are junk....but that bike CAN run acceptably with quality pods (UNI brand PK-92 kits) and a Dynojet kit.....if your slide needles have a smooth taper they're stock and will prove very troublesome with the pods.....Dynojet's kit comes with new needles that have a sharp step in the about 1/3rd of the way up and the bike will perform decently with the dynojet kit and UNI pods.

Thx for the tip! Before i took the bike apart it did not run smooth so i have to look into it.

skwurl said:
Before i took the bike apart it did not run smooth so i have to look into it.
Didn't it occur to you to make it run right before you spend a bunch of time and money building it?

The bike is running ok but it just needs some adjusting. Tips about pods etc are gonna help me figure this out when the looks are done.
As for the money. I sold parts of the bike i didnt use to get the new tank and exhaust so no worry's there.

Back
Top Bottom