Chinese Bicycle Motor Kit......Cheesebomb

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
For $30 each one messed up bike with a motor attached and an OCC schwinn chopper bicycle....
So Far So Good hopefully be able to reuse some impossible to sell parts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 445
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 440
So Far.....Moped Rear wheel with a 28t works perfect
So does a yamaha RT180 front end with a 1/4" cut out of the head tube

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 427
Tore it down ....several times.....trying to get a Morini moped head to work with the motor....but most likely will run it stockish first......already notched the piston and cleaned up the rough casting in the transfer ports

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 422
Those are fun little kits to mess around with on old bike frames.. cheap fun project... I did one a bit ago, was a lot of fun.

They are fun i had one once before and it ruined a $1200 MOuntain bike! Biggest mistake i made was using the crappy chinese everything to mount to the bike!....
Hence the moped wheel
Im also rubber mounting the motor with exhaust hanging rubber....and since the frame is wide i need 2 3/4" exhaust brackets and its all gonna be "custom" and bad ass

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    989.6 KB · Views: 393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 405
I have a sneaking suspicion that a yamaha PW80 top end might work....no testing etc just a theory....

So the guy ( Fred) from CR machine lives in NH a short drive from me and he may be able to turn this morini head he also makes race motors from these and has shiny heads for like $45 ....gonna probably make a trip up.....in the mean time.....custom hand made exhaust bracket that currently looks like a door latch part.....been hand filing for longer than i want ....but it will be worth it i cut the side baffle off and HD 1340 pipe and will use that to start the header may chop up a DT175 expansion for the rest not sure yet gotta mount the motor in the frame .....one of these days.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 375
Sweet. Hope its loud ;D

This guy Fred, NH you say? Does he do motorcycle engine work,...I may be looking for someone in Southern NE area for the XL motor

On his website it says $50/ hour for custom work done not sure if he would or not but it worth a shot if your close...guy has mad skills and a killer machine shop and glass blowing i believe also has a utube channel with him " testing" the parts/ engines he makes

DesmoBro said:
On his website it says $50/ hour for custom work done not sure if he would or not but it worth a shot if your close...guy has mad skills and a killer machine shop and glass blowing i believe also has a utube channel with him " testing" the parts/ engines he makes

Sweet, I'll give him a call. If he doesn't, maybe he knows someone who does. This the place? https://www.crmachine.com

I guess fitting the pipe is next Or should i slap brakes on it and try the stock pipe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 349
So after i had hack sawed most of the treads off this dirtbike tire i just went down and grabbed an old 21" tire out of the pile from the guy who does inspections.....also mounted a speedo/headlight and hacked the speedo drive to work with the wheel....so mint.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
That's fucking hilarious with the cutting of the knobbie 8)

Actually, I did that once with a mountain bike tyre to get it to fit into a road bike frame ::)

.....SO!......my buddy has one of these ( china motor kits) set up on a MT.bike and he wanted to keep it stock but still tinker with another motor...so he found a broken one on CL for $50 to mess with but it came with the "race" carb which i beleve is a del orto 15 mm sha clone....Said Clone came with an un marked jet way bigger than my largest 59 .......anyways one day 23 mph just wasnt enough for the guy so he put the clone carb on and went slower!......he said why!????...i told him to take the filter out of the carb( metal cheese grater thing) and check the plug....it was wet....we took the unknown jet out and tossed in my 59.....went for a test run around the block....Holy Fuck was it fast! And pulled hard uphills!My test moped honda 2 speed express couldnt even keep up @ 35 mph my speedo was buried.....we brought it home and checked the plug .....Snow White....So he is tossing an expansion pipe together and trying the unknown jet again......in the mean time im making several pipe options.....a stock pipe i cut the guts out of....and a longer tube header Puch flange with a Honda CR50 expansion pipe at the end......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 321
Back
Top Bottom