First build ever

Unfortunately due to Rochester humidity I gotta re clean all my surfaces before putting new gaskets
But that's an easy clean up
Shouldn't damage my paint job either

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I kinda wanna dremel or grind flats on my engine cooling fins to give in that custom look and break up some of the dark lines

Well I started grinding the fins and polishing them it looks great but now I need to fix paint
I definately recommend using vht primer before enamel
Especially on jug and head

Another while your in there mod
I started the port and polish my head also plan on getting new valves and lapping new seats
They had to come out regardless for new stem seals
No point doing complete rebuild on bottom to top
engine without doing a valve job
And while I'm there port intake and polish combustion chambers

I've got six hours on it so far
It's tedious but well worth it
I've spent less than 20 bucks on dremel bits

Updated picture
7535185052bcadc633dfd5b4fd054c39.jpg

The valves were caked in crap
Glad I decided on the port and polish

I'm done with porting half done with polish
I've got 9 hours in so far
Agh but damn it looks good and should improve
Fuel atomization
And air flow

onefromexile said:
... should improve Fuel atomization
And air flow

Please explain the fuel atomization theory of polished ports. Polishing inlets leads to reduced flow and fuel puddling. A nice "as machined" finish flows better and keeps fuel in suspension better than polished ports.

The only benefit of polishing combustion chambers and exhaust ports is to reduce carbon build up and on low mile bikes, that's not really an issue.

Did you follow the AGBell and Vizard inlet port shapes and how did you resolve the fact that certain portions of the inlet tract are too large already?

Yeah, so did you weld the ports to close them in some sort of squish them down then re shape em? wheres the pics I really am intrigued ???

Teaser Polishing intake is not what I said not what you want to go for you actually want a rougher finish on the porting because the small grooves create turbulence and that's what helps to atomize the fuel
It's a bigger thing for a carb engine but has little effect on injected vehicles
A carburetor has to mix fuel and air by time it gets through intake to combustion chamber
An injector sprays a mist
Hence the air and gas has been atomized by time it sprays out into chamber

I just went off their theory
And cleaned up the casting marks and if you look closely at how the intake ports air flows stock
The goal is to clean up any intrusions and I wanted to get rid of the kind of lip and bend inside the port which seems to restrict flow once valve opens
I also might back cut my valves at 30 degrees
I'll try to draw a diagram of the material removal

As for combustion chamber
Polishing I believe smoother surface helps with heat transfer and does prevent carbon build up but the main thing Is keeping consistent lower temperatures promoting cleaner burn
Higher power

c3794d2cc73d55ea07bd8a625031a240.jpg

I wish I could illustrate better
But it basically was bottle necked bad inside I just cleaned up the casting marks and made a cleaner less restrictive path to the valve opening

c3794d2cc73d55ea07bd8a625031a240.jpg

I wish I could illustrate better
But it basically was bottle necked bad inside I just cleaned up the casting marks and made a cleaner less restrictive path to the valve opening

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TONhould be noted port and polish is a theory
That some believe some don't
There is a wrong way to do it and a right way is how far you wanna go with it until it becomes wrong

I believe in more air more power
I've also known all the highest power producing engines all have this service done
So it's something to be said why it's done if there is no real gains ???
Because it can improve your engine if done properly

Yes I know what you mean
I went for better flow without changing or slowing the velocity which would be a result of opening up the port diameter

I kept port openings stock size minus roughing with 80grit also the left was 3 thousand diff than right stock cast I'm going to counter sink the inner diameter too and clean pass on the face
These 360 heads need just clean up of casting and the amount of material and where removed should be what I wanted
We will see one day how it affected my motor

Back
Top Bottom