www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: A-65 DeadTail Restart  (Read 18179 times)

Offline Kamn

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: A-65 DeadTail Restart
« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2016, 18:59:57 »
Or XB could quickly turn out a set for you......its actually really simple
'82 Kawi GPZ550

'73 CB750 K3 (needs restoration)

Offline Hurco550

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes
« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2016, 19:01:50 »
liking those pipes
Keep er' Between The Ditches!!!

1976 BMW R90/6 farkilitious: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=74349.msg882477#msg882477
1975 RD350 Road Racer: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=70652.msg833688#msg833688
1973 Ironhead Hardtail: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68135.msg788081#msg788081
1976 GT250 Rebuild: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64973.new#new
Full Custom Pit Bike: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66954.new#new
1971 Yamaha 90cc twin HS1: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=70498.0
"Two strokes are the motorcycle equivalent to Thors chariot. Full of glory and memories of battles victorious" ~ von yinzer

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2016, 19:04:39 »
For what it's worth... There's an old Honda. Something small. I can't remember the exact model, but they ran an internal throttle. You can pick the parts up cheap. Cannot for the life of me remember which model though.
Z50

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2016, 19:22:35 »
Well gol dang! I rode those as a kid but never even cared to look at it  :o
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2016, 19:24:59 »
liking those pipes

Yeah! those are some XB stock even has a set of plug baffles inside but those will need to go lol

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 2016, 21:44:07 »
Okay so the BSA 12v ignition uses 2 YUUGE 6v coils, I have a Wassel Vape e ignition and it says it will run with the 2 6v coils or 1 12v 2 wire coil ie cb750 coil the points setup is the same we all know that... I have used 2 5 ohm 12v coils in series or was it parallel?

Anyway i want to run a set of 12v 4.5 ohm coils totaling 5.2 oms when wired parallel or series, once i remember which I ran this on a flat tracker with a battery but no charging system just total loss way a while back. The question IS will the coils or ignition burn up if ran longer than a heat or say 25 miles with an alternator charging system and or can I prevent it with resistor caps or ballast resistor or condenser ???

I really just want small coils that tuck under the tank  ::)

[EDIT]

So this with 2 12v coils No points just the EI for the iggy circuit should work yeah? how about a CAP big blue spring loaded tazer lol
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2016, 22:49:49 by Tune-A-Fish »

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2016, 22:05:23 »
I need the machine man to turn my fins down to these:

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2016, 22:55:14 »
I would think that you would be better to run one double ended coil firing every revolution with a wasted spark.  Assuming you don't have any plans to go to 180 or 90 or 270 or other crank configuration that is.

1 coil to hide in place of two.  Won't that alternator work as 12V or is the stator the wrong type?  I am sure that I ran my last T100 (57 variety) with 12v from an alternator but I don't recall how many wires it had.  I ran a cap and zener diode regulator and simple rectifier IIRC and mine had a K2F magneto for sparks, so that was a minimalist lighting circuit.  I never had any issues with mine that way.

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2016, 23:27:52 »
I would think that you would be better to run one double ended coil firing every revolution with a wasted spark.  Assuming you don't have any plans to go to 180 or 90 or 270 or other crank configuration that is.

1 coil to hide in place of two.  Won't that alternator work as 12V or is the stator the wrong type?  I am sure that I ran my last T100 (57 variety) with 12v from an alternator but I don't recall how many wires it had.  I ran a cap and zener diode regulator and simple rectifier IIRC and mine had a K2F magneto for sparks, so that was a minimalist lighting circuit.  I never had any issues with mine that way.

Its a 3 wire 12v PG charging system I'm just working the ignition for now, I have a set of RD coils with the studs that make for a neat package but I think its best to get the dyna and just make a bracket for that up under the rear of the tank... pushing water up hill when I could be done again!