1980 CB400T Honda Hawk start button and headlight not working

CGRAM

8d5a2f6c2d33a0af6d69128a6df481f0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

I've replaced all fuses. With key on all the instrument lights come on but, the headlight and start bottom does not work. I do not hear any noises when pushing the start button. Where should I start?

Ive ran into this with my cb360- headlight wasnt working, Does the starter relay click?
12vs at headlight terminals? I had to redo a few connections at my headlight to get it work work. If not do you have a woring diagram to trace wires from battery to light9 and starter?

Myself id start with the basic power check at the connections id no power id find the diagrams for those cuircuts and did any of the fuses blow i.e head or main?

Sent from my SM-N915P using DO THE TON mobile app

Nismoman8899, thanks for the reply!

I've narrowed it down to the start button. Now I have a new issue, no spark. From what I've read the no spark issue can be the coil, stator or, the CDI box. I hope it's anything but the CDI box!!! Those thing are hard to find, unless you want used. I heard of guy on eBay name CDI Magician that made them but, can't find him now. Any help find one that want cost me the farm will be much appreciated! I only paid $350 for the motorcycle so, I hate to spend a fortune on a CDI. Thanks in advance for the help.

That's assuming that it is the CDI box, however. In my experience, it's usually the pulse coil that fails on these models.

I'm going to do some testing before I go crazy and buy a CDI box. I have a buddy with a running bike I can borrow parts off.

Thanks again for the help!!

Thanks! I'm putting the hawk on the back burner for a few weeks, I have a 450 I need to get ready for the Barber Vintage Festival. When I get back I'm going to hit hard, I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Back
Top Bottom