Throttle and Starter Switch Assembly HELP

thefish

Been Around the Block
Hey guys, rebuilding an older bike here and I've got the carbs off trying to get them cleaned up. The throttles down at the carbs are pulling well now with some WD40 and I imagine they'll be working great after a nice cleanup. My problem is that I want to buy a new throttle/starter switch assembly.

As of now it is all bundled into one control switch. I don't mind this look but it's from the '80s and therefore quite bulky. The problem with newer parts is that they, the throttle and switches, are separate from one another. I'd love to find an assembly that is the throttle and starter switch all in one. Mine is too old, worn down, and bulky.

Any ideas? I've searched a good bit and can't find much on a reputable website. Dimecity has a nice setup but I'm worried about the separate parts not working well together. If that's not a problem then I'm fine with separate parts.

Also, which cable should I be looking at?

Thanks for the help

Here's the separate throttle and starter
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-throttle-parts-black-side-exit-throttle-assembly-70-1053.html

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/simple-and-clean-start-and-stop-control-switch-for-7-8-inch-handlebars.html

Be good to know what bike we are talking about.

If you don't need an electric start button, then a dirt bike one could work:

9882929756378B908D8456CDCFCFC6929A99D15613CE16C8CCD223A653C863D2CF16369A51D2369E3399D2CE16F1132656669BCCC773BB169CF543.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Throttle-Housing-Handle-Switch-On-Off-Controller-For-Yamaha-PW80-PY80-80-New-/291925330337?hash=item43f81b09a1:g:qiYAAOSwHsRYEvbt&vxp=mtr

Kamn said:
Sparck Moto has what you are looking for as well

Yup. Love it. Probably buying it. You should get commission.

I'm a confessed newb at electrical wiring. Is there anything that I need to be aware of before buying the first control switch I find? besides the obvious handlebar width

Thats not a problem, the wiring is just colour coded like honda's. The wires can be pulled out of the plugs and rearranged for the way you need them connected. Just know the what wire does what on your control to make it all work.
It wasn't plug and play for me either and I was using it on a Honda, needed to shuffle the wires around
But its actually very easy and Sonreir is a good dude for helping you with electrical stuff
Sonreir = member here and owner of Sparck Moto

Kamn said:
Thats not a problem, the wiring is just colour coded like honda's. The wires can be pulled out of the plugs and rearranged for the way you need them connected. Just know the what wire does what on your control to make it all work.
It wasn't plug and play for me either and I was using it on a Honda, needed to shuffle the wires around
But its actually very easy and Sonreir is a good dude for helping you with electrical stuff
Sonreir = member here and owner of Sparck Moto

Okay, sweet! This is all good news.

Back
Top Bottom