Acewell 1550T/CB400T1

TripleKing

Been Around the Block
I am considering installing and Acewell 1550T multi-function instrument setup on my 1979 CB400 T1. The T1 has no tach and I want to change the look anyway. Has anyone here done a swap to an electronic gauge setup, specifically an Acewell on an old Honda?

I am looking for tips, cautionary tales, etc.

Thx

I made a swap to a Yamaha RD...pretty easy concerning the electrical connections,very knowledgable people.One big problem i did not solve yet is the revv counter...its all over the place...and this is were its starting to get complicated....not many people that can help you there if you run in the same problem.

Sent from my SM-A310F using DO THE TON mobile app

Ryan Stecken said:
I made a swap to a Yamaha RD...pretty easy concerning the electrical connections,very knowledgable people.One big problem i did not solve yet is the revv counter...its all over the place...and this is were its starting to get complicated....not many people that can help you there if you run in the same problem.

From memory you can run a 100 ohm resistor in line with the tachometer wire to dampen the signal.

As far as wiring the Acewell up goes, it's pretty easy as long as you have the bikes wiring diagram. The Acewell comes with a diagram so you just need to match up the colours and it's good to go.

And if you are using the magnet sensor for the speedo, make sure you line the magnet up as per the instructions (it will read erratic if you dont).

Back
Top Bottom