GS1100 CAFE RACER BUILD\ hayabusa rear end

troyholder437

What's going on everybody? I just picked up a GS 1100 for $600 today!

I have some big plans for the bike. It has a swing arm from a Hayabusa along with the rear wheel and rear shock.

The man I bought the bike from had big plans for it, he was setting it up to set a land speed record at Bonneville. The person he bought it from used to drag race the bike, it did the quarter mile in 10.2 seconds. Needless to say, the motor runs strong.

Here's a short story about my motivation (parentheses irrelevant to the build) About four months ago I did a race on my dirt bike at a flat track, it was a circuit but it was held at a flat track event. I got 3rd place. The kid who got 4th Place is a professional flat track racer from the same area as me. We ended up becoming buddies and we've been hanging out together a lot lately. Him and his brother are badasses, they build and race bikes. I told them I was interested in building a Cafe Racer and this purchase randomly came across.
I told them about my purchase and they are just as stoked as I am, they have all the right tools I need and are really good at metalwork. They said that they were cool with me storing the bike there and drinking beers and working on it with me!

Let the journey begin!

Plans- last time the bike was ran was about two years ago, it's been sitting ever since. First thing I have in mind is to clean the carburetors, hook up a new battery start this bad boy up. There is no doubt in my mind that she'll start right up.

I need to hook up the front brake, get the calipers mounted and the front rotors put on the Hub.

Side note; I'm using this app on my AT&T tablet. I take all my photos on my iPhone. I do not know how to get my photos to my tablet therefore I can't upload photos to my blog. Can anybody help me?

T.Holdz437

Sent from my K88 using DO THE TON mobile app

troyholder437 said:
What's going on everybody? I just picked up a GS 1100 for $600 today!

I have some big plans for the bike. It has a swing arm from a Hayabusa along with the rear wheel and rear shock.

The man I bought the bike from had big plans for it, he was setting it up to set a land speed record at Bonneville. The person he bought it from used to drag race the bike, it did the quarter mile in 10.2 seconds. Needless to say, the motor runs strong.

Here's a short story about my motivation (parentheses irrelevant to the build) About four months ago I did a race on my dirt bike at a flat track, it was a circuit but it was held at a flat track event. I got 3rd place. The kid who got 4th Place is a professional flat track racer from the same area as me. We ended up becoming buddies and we've been hanging out together a lot lately. Him and his brother are badasses, they build and race bikes. I told them I was interested in building a Cafe Racer and this purchase randomly came across.
I told them about my purchase and they are just as stoked as I am, they have all the right tools I need and are really good at metalwork. They said that they were cool with me storing the bike there and drinking beers and working on it with me!

Let the journey begin!

Plans- last time the bike was ran was about two years ago, it's been sitting ever since. First thing I have in mind is to clean the carburetors, hook up a new battery start this bad boy up. There is no doubt in my mind that she'll start right up.

I need to hook up the front brake, get the calipers mounted and the front rotors put on the Hub.

Side note; I'm using this app on my AT&T tablet. I take all my photos on my iPhone. I do not know how to get my photos to my tablet therefore I can't upload photos to my blog. Can anybody help me?

T.Holdz437

1430bb02e735dec608b7beead6a55a43.jpg

8a92f540caf34d9ade1ec435729ce3a1.jpg

eee44c754230ecc1d924bfd4666879cb.jpg

c84e4e1d6e59ccee42b7933d4b3407dc.jpg

50ca8622b29f81a348cc902d8ecf4524.jpg

Here are the first few photos of my bike! Some work to be done but I'm excited to see how it will turn out.

canyoncarver said:
Neat! What's next?

Thanks! I picked up some mikuni carbs for the bike from a friend. Next plan is to put those on and then do some work to the subframe.. I don't have an exact plan for the subframe, just some ideas. I still have to put the front calipers and rotors on along with the handlebars. As of right now those are the priorities.

Thanks for the reply!

176d5b8192f7125b884caba2c76794fb.jpg

7c704e7c772915b19411fd6f11f4ba0a.jpg

Not a whole lot of progress done today, but some is better than none. Took off the old carburetors and put on the new mikunis.

Planning on getting the tank back on tmw and hopefully hearing it run for the first time. Then it's to the fun stuff!

Back
Top Bottom