www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: 1965 Honda CA95 (Baby Dream)  (Read 1147 times)

Offline The Limey

• Evil English Villain
Re: 1965 Honda CA95 (Baby Dream)
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2017, 12:11:46 »
Hondas of that era are very usable classics, and this one is looking very clean and tidy.  I'm in.
If it ain't broke, then I haven't been hitting it hard enough.

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Drink Local
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2017, 12:33:16 »
I might be able to use one of those motors once you are done, depending on how complete it is.  I want to stuff it in an old CT70.

Offline Bama704

« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2017, 10:32:52 »
Cxman, thanks for the offer on parts, I may get back to you and see if you have something I could use.
Jsjamboree, on motor is seized, not sure about the other one, I will have to take the kick start lever off of one to see if it will kick over at all. 

I have the carb apart and soaking, will have to wait on gaskets before I put it back together.  The float bowl gasket is dried out and stuck to the bowl, doesn't want to come out.  Any ideas for scraping it out?  Have tried soaking it 12 hours and using a flat blade screwdriver, no luck.  Have used a razor blade, didn't work.

The petcock looks to be ok, however haven't tested it out so I am sure that will bite me in the ass later.  The tank has been coated but it is starting to peel.  The coating is white, even though in the pictures it mainly shows black, weird, any ideas how to remove the coating and possibly what coating was used to begin with?  Maybe the white color is a hint for anybody who has coated a tank before?
1977 KZ900-A5
1965 Honda CA95 (Baby Dream)

Offline Bama704

« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2017, 19:12:30 »
Ok guys, I am in a bind trying to get the front tire on.  The tire keeps hitting both bolts on either side of the fender (circled in red).  Anybody who has worked on one of these had a similar issue?  Tim, do you remember dealing with this?
1977 KZ900-A5
1965 Honda CA95 (Baby Dream)

Offline pacomotorstuff

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #14 on: Aug 02, 2017, 09:35:49 »
I think the stock tire size is a 3.00 X 16 and you're using a 3.25 which looks pretty chubby for that size, so perhaps the fouling problem?
But, all is not lost.
Try deflating the tire and "squishing" it to push past the offending bolts and re-inflate after you're past it.  I think the bolts are the narrowest area in the forks, but check the tire at full fork compression as well - it just may be too wide for the forks.
Another thing about the Dreams is, they were never known to be stellar handling bikes and the oversize front tire might squirm more than you'd like - you'll just have to wait and see.
Hope the above helps.
Pat