74' CB360 bulb replacements

huck_finn

Been Around the Block
I just finished putting in my new harness from Sparck Moto (man, are they stinking helpful) - but I need to replace a few bulbs on my gauges. Is there an LED option that will fit the stock bulb sockets for the speedo, tach, and center cluster?

I have a few of the LED diode wires from Sparck, I am not sure if I will need one for every gauge or if I can just throw in a bulb.

If there aren't any LEDs that can make a direct replacement, are there any updated bulbs that fit?

Thanks!

BA9S socket LEDs will just pop into the existing sockets and should be plug and play. I think Sparck moto sells a set to convert your gauges, otherwise superbrightLEDs sells them.

9b4964cad58a1a41bbb091ddd383c761.jpg

The diode setup is only for the turn signal indicator light. The rest of the bulbs should be plug and play. As mentioned, we have the ones you need on our site at 5 for $5.

That is great! I will be making an order very soon. Will I need to get a different size for the speed/tach compared to the center cluster?

Make sure you get LED's that have a wide beam angle and are short. Otherwise you can get bright spots just above the bulb. I replaced my idiot lights and gauge lights with replacements from superbrightleds.com

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/ba9s-ba7s/ba9s-led-bulb-1-led-ba9s-retrofit-classic-car-bulb/4/

These have a 180 light emittance, and come in colors to match the gauge lenses. My only complaint is Thad the high beam indicator is very bright and night. I've been meaning to take the lens of and add a small piece of tape covered in Sharpie or something to dim the light. I used the 2700k bulbs being the gauges.

kagraves said:
These have a 180 light emittance, and come in colors to match the gauge lenses. My only complaint is Thad the high beam indicator is very bright and night. I've been meaning to take the lens of and add a small piece of tape covered in Sharpie or something to dim the light. I used the 2700k bulbs being the gauges.

An inline resistor might be easier and have a better result. Start with 1000Ω.

Back
Top Bottom