Dangerous Explosion Possibility...engine.

750Toys

I bought a 1977 Kawasaki KZ750 for my bday (see photo below - my friend with it). Two days after I got it, the carbs overflowed nonstop while the bike was running and the petcock ON, and only stopped when I shut off the petcock. Long story short, the brass float has a hole near the seam, which caused the overflow.

Now the engine crankcase has a TON of gas in it.

The new float is being overnighted to me and should arrive tomorrow. Ive never had a situation where ive had that much gas in the crankcase.

Any advice on the best way to make sure ALL of the gas is out. Obviously the oil should be changed, but how many times to make sure the gas is all gone ? I dont want to ruin a perfectly good engine, and hope it isnt damaged already.

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpg
    IMG_9692.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 341
Why would the gas be in the crankcase? It should just be drained out the overflow/vent lines.

As for getting stuff out of the crankcase... you know how to change the oil right?

Edit:damn he beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmer92 said:
Why would the gas be in the crankcase? It should just be drained out the overflow/vent lines.

As for getting stuff out of the crankcase... you know how to change the oil right?

Edit:damn he beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK let me tell you why i asked. A friend of mine told me to change the oil like a billion times to be sure. And suggested i do this that and the other.

As far as how it got in, the previous owner only had one vent line on and the flooding was so bad it came out of the breather tube and the overflow of the other carb. Thats how.

jag767 said:
Change the oil

Im worried about residue. Changing the oil is obvious but with all the gas in there, how can i be sure ONE oil change will get ALL the gas out? Thats why im asking you Pros for any other ideas.

If you're worried about, change the oil & then check it again soon after a few miles - if there's still signs of fuel, change it again if need be.

It's a nice bike JW, what's the plans for it, stock or modified?

Bootsey said:
If you're worried about, change the oil & then check it again soon after a few miles - if there's still signs of fuel, change it again if need be.

It's a nice bike JW, what's the plans for it, stock or modified?

STOCK!!!!

I got the cafe racer looking cool crap out of my system. I need a bike thats functional: has a front and rear fender, etc. I dont want a bike that LOOKS good. I want a bike that IS good. I enjoying riding. If i look cool while doing it fine, but im not going to chop up a survivor. no way

my c180 cessna had a factory oil dilution system installed

when i flew it up north and was overnighting where it was cold -30 -50

we dilute the oil on shut down or the oil would be so thick the motor would not even turn

then we would take the batteries in over night

the next morning we would start the motor and there was a warm up period and a chart you used to

figure out how long you had to run till the gas was out of the oil and you could use takeoff power

so be safe but dont worry it will be fiine

Back
Top Bottom