www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build  (Read 14182 times)

Offline cb250nproject

• If you can make it better do so
Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Reply #50 on: Jun 23, 2017, 22:57:11 »
Esmoojee your bike looks sweet as, The mono shock and swing arm conversion with that seat looks pimp finished professionally ill be happy if mine is half as sweet 
first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline esmoojee

« Reply #51 on: Jun 24, 2017, 12:49:51 »
Thanks man, it took me a long time.  I still keep making upgrades.  I took her out on Mulholland drive yesterday and had a blast.  However, I think Im getting too old for clip ons.  I decided to switch to my 3 hi-rise clip ons over the cbrs.  I switched out my foot pegs recently as well to gsxrs over the yamahas.  Its a constant project but its fun.  Im considering swapping the front end to a yamaha r1.  I have an extra lying around.  I cant decide.  Keep up posting pics.  I like to see other cbers bikes.  I have an affinity for them.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #52 on: Jun 25, 2017, 01:18:58 »
Thanks man, it took me a long time.  I still keep making upgrades.  I took her out on Mulholland drive yesterday and had a blast.  However, I think Im getting too old for clip ons.  I decided to switch to my 3 hi-rise clip ons over the cbrs.  I switched out my foot pegs recently as well to gsxrs over the yamahas.  Its a constant project but its fun.  Im considering swapping the front end to a yamaha r1.  I have an extra lying around.  I cant decide.  Keep up posting pics.  I like to see other cbers bikes.  I have an affinity for them.
With the R1 pegs did yoy weld brakets on to mount them ? Im jealous that you get to ride Mulholland ive watched heaps of clips fmof that

Sent from my GT-I9305 using DO THE TON mobile app

first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline esmoojee

« Reply #53 on: Jun 25, 2017, 14:35:54 »
No, I cut down the original peg brackets and drilled and tapped them.  No welding required.  All bolt on.  Mulholland is fun, Angeles crest hwy is just as fun too!  Its actually closer to where I live. 

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #54 on: Jun 26, 2017, 05:16:18 »
No, I cut down the original peg brackets and drilled and tapped them.  No welding required.  All bolt on.  Mulholland is fun, Angeles crest hwy is just as fun too!  Its actually closer to where I live.
You inspired me

My old man is looking for an excuse to test out the new mill so ive ordered the rearsets came with master cylinder and calipers not sure if ill be able to use the caliper or not have to sus it out when i get home.

Did you end up getting a chance to take a pic of the dampner set up ? Id love to see what you did to those peg brackets also 👌no just trying to work out what dampner and bracket to get i cant remeber the diameter of the fork tube :/

I was looking at Dakota speedos but theyre a little cost prohibitive

But oh so sweet looking. Think ill have to keep scouring the net for options but.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #55 on: Jul 03, 2017, 20:42:00 »
So while I'm stuck up the mountain at work Ive been scouring fleabay for some additional parts required and managed to find myself a Ohlins steering damper for about $200, and an aluminium front mud guard from Kickstarter.de.

Ive been watching youtube and found this cool clip and Im hoping to make brackets for the front mud guard in a similar fashion, although this guy is a pro so im anticipating it taking a few attempts to get it spot on.

although Ive got the steering damper I'm still not quite sure where exactly will be the best place to mount it so its most effective any people out there who have done it previously on the cb 750 dohc that have any photos it would be much appreciated.

My goal is to have all of the seat pan, tail section and frame work done with valves reshimed so I can seal engine back up this next break. then i will strip the frame down to paint it.

The engine will need a bit of loving what does everyone do to clean it down ? most of it i wil just spray silver but i will polish up the clutch basket cover and rotor cover.

the things that are stil baking my noodle is what guages to use, and what im going to do with the headlight/ nose cone option. got a few ideas but nothing in concrete yet.

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #56 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:18:17 »
 Nice score on the dampener and fender!

No personal experience from mounting steering dampener, but seems most common to mount it off on the right hand side just under the tank. Cleanest solution is in imo in front though, and since you have a 750 and therefore no oil cooler you have the space for that. Guess you'd need to either source or fab a mount to support it?

For engine cleaning - degreaser, wire brush and elbow grease? ;)

For covers etc that come off, media blasting if you have that available? (Blasting cases seems like a bad idea)

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #57 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:50:06 »
Nice score on the dampener and fender!

No personal experience from mounting steering dampener, but seems most common to mount it off on the right hand side just under the tank. Cleanest solution is in imo in front though, and since you have a 750 and therefore no oil cooler you have the space for that. Guess you'd need to either source or fab a mount to support it?

For engine cleaning - degreaser, wire brush and elbow grease? ;)

For covers etc that come off, media blasting if you have that available? (Blasting cases seems like a bad idea)

Thats a crazy set up for the damper, a mean feat of engineering. I agree trying to put it up front will make it look better ill see how technical i can get.

I had a funny feeling there was no real easy way to clean the engine i guess ill have to get an assortment of wire brushes and pipe cleaners and hook in hopefully this break i can put in a few solid weeks of work.

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #58 on: Jul 04, 2017, 13:55:10 »
I actually think that particular mount is a kit from Japan. Don't know the details or if it's available, might be worth checking?

Offline esmoojee

« Reply #59 on: Jul 05, 2017, 22:49:01 »
Sorry man, I was wrong about the weld. That was on my nighthawk. The 750 I just drilled and tapped in the steering stop.  I cant really get in there to get a good photo.  I cant remember if its 6 or 8... Whatever the standard mount bolt was.  I locked it down with thread lock and lock nut.