XS 750 blinker craze

der_nanno said:
Sparck, why would you do that? The relay has already been proven to work and even with the relay taken out of the equation (bridging it) the same fault occured as such this is a good mod to give the relay proper ground, but it will not solve the problem.

I don't think the issue is with the flasher relay, I think the issue might be with the canceller.

Automatic cancellers generally work on one of two ways (which is why I suggested both). They either complete the ground on the third wire of the flasher relay or the break the ground on the third wire. By disconnecting the yellow/green wire on the relay, we can check for both of these things.

Ryan Stecken said:
My guess is either that the handlebarswitch for the left blinker is effed up or the plug for the relais is faulty.
how can I test if the switch on the handlebar is working correctly?

I already measured the consistency of the electrical signal and it was ok...

On the controls, the brown/white wire is the input from the relay. Dark brown (aka chocolate) is the output for the left side and dark green is the output for the right side.

Using a multimeter, measure resistance between the brown/white and the dark brown while signalling left. You should be very near zero Ohms. Now turn the switch back to the middle (off) position and repeat the measurement. You should get Open Line. Repeat with the brown/white and dark green wires for the right side.

Sonreir™ said:
I don't think the issue is with the flasher relay, I think the issue might be with the canceller.

Automatic cancellers generally work on one of two ways (which is why I suggested both). They either complete the ground on the third wire of the flasher relay or the break the ground on the third wire. By disconnecting the yellow/green wire on the relay, we can check for both of these things.
XS750 at least in the states have what they refer to in the parts diagram as a sender. As I stated before this works as part of the self cancelling system. The black box canceller is a pre set timer. In the speedometer housing ( will have to remove the speedometer from the cup) the sender is used to cancel the flasher at certain speeds by way of odometer movement. The OP needs to verify that this is a: on his machine and b: it functions properly. They used this on 1977 to 1979 XS750's. I don't see where OP posted his year model or location. I'm looking at US stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom