'07 GSXR Controls x '73 CB350F Conversion

buzzi785

Hi everyone,

I have the front end installation figured out.

Currently stuck when it comes to wiring this thing to my CB.

If anyone has experience with these conversion please chime in.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks!
0c53d6167bb549f12d8ab531142ba2d6.jpg
9ac7b0e6e96f378eef5a8750ca2148cc.jpg
d401bbc182f85acc9ce362d9cc78e3e6.jpg
cbb325d93f48d506df17e5e1255062f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need the wiring diagram from the bike it came off of so you can figure out what each wire does.
Then use the wiring diagram from your bike to align the wires.

Alternatively you can sit there for hours with a multimeter figuring out what wires do what.

VonYinzer said:
Find the GSXR wiring diagram, then find the CB diagram and start matching wires.
Question - the GSXR has a plugin and the CB has loose wires.

Would I need to start cutting the GSXR wires loose?

SONIC. said:
You need the wiring diagram from the bike it came off of so you can figure out what each wire does.
Then use the wiring diagram from your bike to align the wires.

Alternatively you can sit there for hours with a multimeter figuring out what wires do what.

Searching for the GSXR wiring diagram as we speak.

Same question for you though - do I need to start cutting the GSXR wires loose? It's a plugin.

Well, you can either cut the connectors off and put new ones on (vintageconnections.com) or you can find the ones that fit the GSXR controls and put them on the bike, either way works.

No matter how you chose to move forward, you're either cutting the honda wires and making plug ends or vice versa. Plan ahead... You'll have to order/buy the proper connectors either way.

VonYinzer said:
No matter how you chose to move forward, you're either cutting the honda wires and making plug ends or vice versa. Plan ahead... You'll have to order/buy the proper connectors either way.
Thank you sir

It's really not that hard to pull the switchblocks off, open them up and see which wires do what.

As said, you will have to either buy connectors or connector blocks to mate up the wires - if it was me, I'd get the individual connectors (like on you old CB switchblocks) rather than connector blocks. That way you can easily switch stuff around if you get a connection wrong.

hillsy said:
It's really not that hard to pull the switchblocks off, open them up and see which wires do what.

As said, you will have to either buy connectors or connector blocks to mate up the wires - if it was me, I'd get the individual connectors (like on you old CB switchblocks) rather than connector blocks. That way you can easily switch stuff around if you get a connection wrong.
Agreed. I guess I will cut the GSXR wires and make them individual wires.

I found a kit on 4into1.com

Thanks!

hillsy said:

Or I can't simply use the CB350F controls!

Back
Top Bottom