ccfa5f11e42edb32eed7e3e921cf2d4d.jpg

I'm picking up a cb750 roller no engine
I have a running 94 vfr750
No wheels hmmm
Lots of work obviously but I've seen a few single sided swing arm cb's online

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
all of these parts were free just had to pick up
How can I say no

I bought a VFR arm for mine originally. Ended up using a Ducati arm. You'll quickly find the VFR arm is about 2" to wide at the pivot. I wasn't comfortable taking that much metal off the pivot.

Screenshot_20170615-153235_zpsf2o1lrxq.jpg

77ca56f11512ac4408ba735f196fe6f2.jpg

Here is the cb750

I might try to just use the engine and forks
Maybe use the swing too
After all I work in a precision machine shop
Yes still an apprentice but I can turn all my own bushings and mill and do most anything
Thx for the heads up on sizing
Love the look of your bike
I have same engine colors for my cl378

Ok ok so after hours of research and lots of threading
I've yet to see a 1978 cb750
With a vfr engine
So far I've also discovered different generation vfr has diff swing arm
I'm going to strip the vfr frame completely pull the motor build a stand because it was running
I'm going to try the vfr forks and swing arm on cb frame if either changes dimensions dramatically or requires way too much customizing
I might just try to squeeze the vfr engine into cb750 roller I have com stars and all
It would basically be an upgrade rather than total make over
I really hope I can get good measurements and utilize as much of vfr technology onto the cb

VFR engine isn't going to fit the CB frame.

Even if it did, horrible idea.

It's a v4 engine why would it be so horrible I'm curious to listen
Even just putting a v4 which goes in a lot of honda models
Is doable nothing is impossible

I got a pile of parts a few engines
A few bikes I keep getting more and more
Free stuff I'd like to be patient sell it it's all good stuff worth money

I just want enough to finish my cl378
My original project
My first cafe build
I just keep side tracking
I think I'm going to put more serious time into collecting and getting the stuff posted so people can
Get what they need for cheap before it gets destroyed or thrown away
I'm not looking to be rich
Just fund my bike
I'm satisfied with what I have in my cl378 so far and the work I've done
Just really want to finish it s worth
Way more to me

Well, the first thing you'd need to do, is remove the backbone of the 750 frame. Then, the down tubes.

It's not going to work.

CB750 frame is too narrow and it has a brace in the front of the frame that would interfere with the front cylinder. Not that the cylinder will fit through the frame anyway. You can't do top end work on a CB750 as it is in the stock frame, and that motor is shorter. So the rear cylinder, if it fits under there at all, will be all the way to the backbone. There will be no room for the airbox, and possibly no room for the carbs either. You'd be lucky if you have a scenario where you need to pull the motor to work on the carbs.

I could see possibly putting a CB750 motor in the VFR frame, but not the other way around.

Pretty sure that wouldn't work either, Irk. The VFR uses the engine as a stressed member. The 750 engine would come apart.

J-Rod10 said:
Pretty sure that wouldn't work either, Irk. The VFR uses the engine as a stressed member. The 750 engine would come apart.
My bad. I thought we were talking early 80s (like '84) VFR. I missed the '94 part.

I took a couple rough measurements of the vfr motor it's quite compact
There would definitely be enough room
The mounting points would be the issue it would take some sort of bracket and some frame welding on the bottom mounting points and maybe a cradle type hanger bracket for the top
The rear main is close to the cb frame already
Looking at both bikes next to each other you get a better picture

However the time and effort is just so over whelming customizing anything has fitment issues nothing is ever really bolt on
I won't say it's not possible
I cant say it is

Like I said before I'm serious about my 1 project the rest is just stuff people keep donating to me
I can't say no or throw shit away
I will be parting out and listing on the site stufff as I get it and it keeps coming I'm passing up on stuff for free or cheap
I see people post about wanting I just don't know if they are serious
Basically dirt cheap+ shipping for everything and anything

Really trying to fund my cl378

I also have a cb750 (80) and a vfr750 (93). I bought the vfr for the swingarm forks and wheels to be used on the CB. I ended up fixing the vfr keeping it in tack. It's a lot of fun to ride and I love the v4 engine with gear driven cams. It also gives me a great bike to ride while I rebuild my CB.

What year is your vfr? The gen 3 90-93 and 4 94-97 are the best in my opinion. They are they last to not have any linked breaking. The plastics on those bikes bring stupid money on eBay. There is no aftermarket option so people even pay top dollar for cracked fairings to be repaired. If you have any plastics they are worth a good bit.

A few things I noted on these two bikes. The front wheel of the vfr does not have a speedo housing, it is by the clutch slave cylinder on the left of the motor. Also the forks are quite long. These 2 things don't make it a great swap option on the CB compared to a 90s model CBR. Although it's possible to do a stem swap and there are a few types of speedos that you can make work. Lowering the forks should not be bad either. A cb with vfr running gear would be really cool and not impossible. It's also not common because it's not easy.

The vfr has a great following I'd suggest keeping it together and selling it to a vfr entusist, use the money for your primary project. Or sell the v4 engine and buy the missing vfr wheels and a CB engine then build the CB with VFR running gear.

Best of luck!

phparray said:
I also have a cb750 (80) and a vfr750 (93). I bought the vfr for the swingarm forks and wheels to be used on the CB. I ended up fixing the vfr keeping it in tack. It's a lot of fun to ride and I love the v4 engine with gear driven cams. It also gives me a great bike to ride while I rebuild my CB.

What year is your vfr? The gen 3 90-93 and 4 94-97 are the best in my opinion. They are they last to not have any linked breaking. The plastics on those bikes bring stupid money on eBay. There is no aftermarket option so people even pay top dollar for cracked fairings to be repaired. If you have any plastics they are worth a good bit.

A few things I noted on these two bikes. The front wheel of the vfr does not have a speedo housing, it is by the clutch slave cylinder on the left of the motor. Also the forks are quite long. These 2 things don't make it a great swap option on the CB compared to a 90s model CBR. Although it's possible to do a stem swap and there are a few types of speedos that you can make work. Lowering the forks should not be bad either. A cb with vfr running gear would be really cool and not impossible. It's also not common because it's not easy.

The vfr has a great following I'd suggest keeping it together and selling it to a vfr entusist, use the money for your primary project. Or sell the v4 engine and buy the missing vfr wheels and a CB engine then build the CB with VFR running gear.

Best of luck!
Ah just looked at your post again I see you have the tail section and it's a 94. So you definitely have some value there!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to sell the vfr everything
And fund my cl378

I do like the vfr too but it seems like it would just side track and further delay my original cafe build

Right now it's just a pile of parts

But if I did decide to do anything I'd def try the most extreme lol
Either cb with v4 engine
Keep the com stars

Or try to go full tilt and use everything I can off the vfr

onefromexile said:
Oh yeah it's a94'
Cbframe is 78'
Cbforks seem longer
Than the vfr

I will document and post for future builds
Anything I find out
A lot of people make things from things
Suzuki front ends on cb/cx the list goes on.......
I'd like to stay manufacturer specific
On a build like this
The whole thing or nothing

onefromexile said:
Oh yeah it's a94'
Cbframe is 78'
Cbforks seem longer
Than the vfr

They likely are. The VFR has a different rake.

The new figures are cb750 frame with vfr750 fork swap and rear swing arm

Back
Top Bottom