New new and old.

Bellamy

Hi from VA. I'm finally, after many years debating it, a member of the two wheeled club. So I'm brand new to the site to riding but sticking with my love of classics. I just picked up a '72 CB750 that I'm in love with. This site is great I've already learned quite a bit and can see just how helpful everyone here is. This is going to be fun!

Attachments

• IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2998.JPG
    IMG_2998.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3016.JPG
    IMG_3016.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 191
Welcome to DTT Bellamy, from Ontario, Canada! That sure is a sweet-looking cb!
If I could make one suggestion, I'd tell you to add a front fender, or some other kind of fork reinforcement. Riding, and especially cornering, will be vastly improved and much safer if your front end isn't wet-noodling around all the time.

welcome to the site, and yes, they will twist/flex that much. if you're brave enough next time you're going round a bumpy corner, look down at the forks and you'll see them bending backwards and forwards as well as twisting out of line sideways. I didn't think it would be that bad til I looked down there one day, slowed me down for a good 5 minutes that did
just re-attaching the stock metal brace from the original front guard will make a huge difference as well as doing a little bit to catch the shit coming off the front wheel in the rain

Welcome to DTT.

Nice CB. I'd agree, at least do the fork brace. Something like this works really well:

https://www.lossaengineering.com/products/tarozzi-cb750-fork-brace

spotty said:
...and yes, they will twist/flex that much. if you're brave enough next time you're going round a bumpy corner, look down at the forks and you'll see them bending backwards and forwards as well as twisting out of line sideways...
A terrifying experience indeed!
spotty said:
...Just re-attaching the stock metal brace from the original front guard will make a huge difference as well as doing a little bit to catch the shit coming off the front wheel in the rain

A major plus when your ignition coils are directly in the splatter zone above/behind your front wheel!
Seriously though, yeah it's that bad. Enough so, that you need the fender to pass safety here in Ontario.
If you really like the look of no fender, drilling the rivets that hold the factory fender to its mount, black-out the mount and then reinstall it to the forks will make an immediate difference

Back
Top Bottom