www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Wanted a bike. So I bought 5.  (Read 1677 times)

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
Re: Wanted a bike. So I bought 5.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 31, 2017, 21:57:30 »
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline Antennaman346

« Reply #11 on: Sep 01, 2017, 01:26:23 »
Hey well, if I get half that I'd still make out in the positive. I already found and bought a set of cb350 headers for $50 shipped on eBay. So thanks for the heads up!

Made some progress tonight. Laced my first wheel ever. Haven't trued it up as it got late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChopperCharles

• Modified Motorcycles by Chopper Charles
« Reply #12 on: Sep 01, 2017, 02:28:25 »
Those Hondamatics go for good money in decent shape.

Charles.

Offline Antennaman346

« Reply #13 on: Sep 05, 2017, 22:33:46 »
Posted in the wheel/tire section as well. Having issues tonight lacing up the rear wheel. Anyone know if the CL350 rear hub requires non traditional spokes? The 90* outers are just not right.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline ChopperCharles

« Reply #14 on: Sep 06, 2017, 04:20:23 »
You have the wrong spokes. Order the right ones from Buchanan.

Charles.

Offline Antennaman346

« Reply #15 on: Sep 06, 2017, 10:46:47 »
Yes, who is apparently closed all week. Tried calling them.

Called dime city cycles and they said Buchanan makes their spokes so I'm just gonna order through then.

Offline ChopperCharles

« Reply #16 on: Sep 06, 2017, 11:29:32 »
Same for Cognitio-moto, buchanan makes all their spokes too.

Charles.

Offline Rat_ranger

« Reply #17 on: Sep 06, 2017, 12:35:31 »
If you are in washington in the seattle area give the wheelmaster a call.  https://www.thewheelmaster.com/

I've got a set of rims with him now to get laced to non stock sized rims.
Xs650

Offline Antennaman346

« Reply #18 on: Sep 06, 2017, 13:40:52 »
Yeah I called dime city and he couldn't tell me the angle of the outer spokes. But it's worth a shot. My eBay ones are most definitely wrong.

Offline Antennaman346

« Reply #19 on: Sep 13, 2017, 20:55:30 »
Well. Have some time off before I start my new job. So. I'd like to say I've made a lot of progress, but I've encountered several speed bumps.

Finally got the wheels together. Dime city came through with some beautiful spokes and I got the rear wheel together. Attempted to do my best at truing both. Came out decent. I was happy despite a few blemishes here and there ( pretty sure both of the wheels have a ding).

Then tried putting on the tires...

My Shitty spray paint came off. I pinched both tubes. Went and bought new tubes. Reinstalled angrily. Front was pinched again. Ughff. Finally brought said wheel to my local honda motorcycle dealer and they installed a fresh one and even balanced it for me.

Then once it was all together. I decided, "Hey, I'll get this engine in there". Funny. My engine turned over before... But now it's stuck. So I pulled the plugs and let it sit with marvel mystery oil for the days... No dice.

Ended up taking the motor out and after a half hour YouTube-Ing and searching forums, I pulled the engine apart. Right side cylinder was STUCK. Bad enough where I'm going to order new pistons and rings. However, I believe for good measure I'm going to have the cylinders bored out a millimeter or so and order larger pistons from dime city.

Any suggestions on who could hone it? I've got a great Chevy LT1/LS1 guy I know. Think he could hone them? Or a Harley dealer? I doubt honda does that. They're more of a turn and burn dealer.

I know I'm gonna have to spend some money now. But without being a total penny pincher, I'd like to at least not go with the most expensive route.