BATTERIES

CQ Custom Designs

So I'm building my first tracker / scrambler(
044c4d669e76687bbb8888102584c26a.jpg
085c0f958bffb48f8f1f87b172025071.jpg
eb298d7164e26eac5ce0efe13c8ee2bc.jpg
1979 xs650 ), and I got my wiring harness built up but am gonna redo some fab work where my electronics go. I was wondering if there is a battery that is about 1 inch in width ( I know this is askin a lot out of a battery ) that runs 16ah - 24ah to use my starter. I've only been able to find a 7 x 3 x 6 which is what it came with and I'm hesitant to use.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Nothing I know of that's that thin. Some LI-ION can get down to about two inches in thickness, but most of those will have a lot lower Ah rating than you're asking for. That said, they would still have the CCA you need to turn the engine over, which is maybe what you're after, and not the Ah rating?

The ETX12A we sell on our website would be close.

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sonreir said:
Nothing I know of that's that thin. Some LI-ION can get down to about two inches in thickness, but most of those will have a lot lower Ah rating than you're asking for. That said, they would still have the CCA you need to turn the engine over, which is maybe what you're after, and not the Ah rating?

The ETX12A we sell on our website would be close.
I decided to run a capacitor and no starter for the moment, in hopes that there will be a battery that is about 10-22ah, has 260 - 320 cca and is roughly 4 x 1 x 3 in the future, which the antigravity xps sc-1 is the only battery in that size ( I have found so far ) that has that capability, it's only 6ah and 180 cca unfortunately and gives me a worry that it's not quite what I'm looking for. That being said I'll be using a 4 cell in that size in place of the capacitor, because it's practically the same concept. I'll be leaving the starter in until a product is made, which I believe will be coming soon. I would really like a company to make a 8 cell or even a 12 cell that isn't stacked but just longer running all the cells next to on anther.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I think you might be waiting a very long time (10+ years is my guess). Those are big numbers for a very small battery. You're going to need whatever technology comes after LI-ION in order to meet those specs.

CQ Custom Designs said:
I decided to run a capacitor and no starter for the moment, in hopes that there will be a battery that is about 10-22ah, has 260 - 320 cca and is roughly 4 x 1 x 3 in the future, which the antigravity xps sc-1 is the only battery in that size ( I have found so far ) that has that capability, it's only 6ah and 180 cca unfortunately and gives me a worry that it's not quite what I'm looking for. That being said I'll be using a 4 cell in that size in place of the capacitor, because it's practically the same concept. I'll be leaving the starter in until a product is made, which I believe will be coming soon. I would really like a company to make a 8 cell or even a 12 cell that isn't stacked but just longer running all the cells next to on anther.

Also, don't expect a "long battery" anytime soon. You notice how all the batteries come with cell intervals of fours? That's because you need to run the cells in parallel in order to increase the battery capacity. For instance, one row of four is a four cell battery, two rows of four is an eight cell, three rows of four is a 12 cell, and so on. If you ran the cells end to end, you would not increase the capacity, only the voltage. If you had one row of eight, you'd have the same Ah rating as the one row of four, but the voltage would be doubled (which would also make the battery unacceptable for a 12V motorcycle application).

Back
Top Bottom