www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Dans CB350 Cafe build - first bike and build  (Read 2950 times)

Offline MiniatureNinja

Re: Dans CB350 Cafe build - first bike and build
« Reply #30 on: Oct 01, 2017, 14:31:38 »
Indeed, that's pretty good time on a project! looking forward to seeing what else you have in store

Offline Danw8976

« Reply #31 on: Oct 02, 2017, 12:11:43 »
So I've come across my first issue. I reconnected all the electrics yesterday and have rechecked against the wiring diagram.

Now with the key out if the light is on I can start the bike.. This only happens in low beam high and no light there is no ignition. With the key in it will start with the light on any setting.

Any ideas?

Offline Danw8976

« Reply #32 on: Oct 02, 2017, 12:17:52 »
If on low beam the lights also don't turn off when in "off" position on key. When I switch to high they go off.

Offline getshwifty

• AntiSoical Cloud YouTube
« Reply #33 on: Oct 03, 2017, 02:56:21 »
You are a machine!  I cant believe you completed all this work in a short amount of time!

Offline Integra99

« Reply #34 on: Oct 03, 2017, 07:55:31 »
Wow youve put me to shame, and I did not expect to see this come on so well. lol !! .. I've only just got my tires fitted and wheels lined up last night!

Its looking great.. what you doing with the mudguards Dan?

Also engine have you sprayed it with High temp?

Finally... did you lift it in with wheels on.. or lower the frame over with engine on its side?

Cheers Mate.. keep it .. great colour
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2017, 09:41:16 by Integra99 »

Offline vwrabbit

« Reply #35 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:21:50 »
The lighting/ignition issue sounds like a good theft deterrent.  ;-)  And the bike looks great!  Wish I could work that quickly!

Offline Danw8976

« Reply #36 on: Oct 05, 2017, 20:23:53 »
Wow youve put me to shame, and I did not expect to see this come on so well. lol !! .. I've only just got my tires fitted and wheels lined up last night!

Finally... did you lift it in with wheels on.. or lower the frame over with engine on its side?

I'm  going to cut the front mudguard over the weekend and likely scrap the rear one altogether. I used a high temp paint but i'm not sure it's going to last very well if I'm honest already scratched a fair bit when putting it back in the frame.

I life's the engine in with the wheels on. Took a little bit of thought to work out the right angles!

I'm hoping to get the wiring done tomorrow and a few finishing bits and I should be able to start her up.

Back to work Tuesday so if I can get the majority done by then would be amazing otherwise it will take a backseat for a month or so unfortunately.

Your wheels look great love the black and chrome contrast
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2017, 20:28:07 by Danw8976 »

Offline Danw8976

« Reply #37 on: Oct 05, 2017, 20:42:42 »
Goodies!

Offline 540Nova

« Reply #38 on: Oct 05, 2017, 21:26:34 »

What shocks are those, Integra99?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Integra99

« Reply #39 on: Oct 06, 2017, 04:34:06 »
coming on well,  I have a local custom bike shop so taking it down there once the tanks primed up and engine in to look at options for seat etc.

I wish I had a few days off to be able to get my head into the build but its an hour or so each night.. but in truth I'm enjoying it and have a few bikes to ride so it keeps me out of trouble, I'd like to finish it for Christmas!

My engine is at my mates being painted with some heavy duty black paint, although on my XS750 I did that from a can and 2k miles later its still good.

Nova - the shocks are YSS if that helps , they seem pretty good.