www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Amen Savior Chopper in the works  (Read 1342 times)

Offline 63SSRagtop

• Bikes and more bikes.. yup i like bikes...
    • just random stuff
Amen Savior Chopper in the works
« on: Oct 06, 2017, 22:51:29 »
Got this thing with a sportster front end but it really made the frame dive into the ground.. contemplated maybe a 2" over or little larger to get it right then ran across a buddy with the P&P distributors front end in the corner so I grabbed it without thinking..   

Had to situate a place to work on her but making progress..  Made a custom stem as the neck is setup for 1" bearings and the triples are 7/8..  didn't want to use adapters, don't like how they stretch out the neck..  With any luck I should have two different designed rockers cut this weekend, going to do the zero rake sugar bear style and then a more conventional type with about 2.5 inches of trail to see how I like them..   Have to keep the 10 spokes.. love those things!

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
Re: Amen Savior Chopper in the works
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2017, 23:06:53 »
What motor are you stuffing in there?
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline 63SSRagtop

• just random stuff
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2017, 23:11:16 »
That red sport in the back in the one pic is going to be the donor motor.. it's already punched out to an 836 and motor is pretty detailed.. I've got a couple of other SOHC's that i'll put back into the red bike and probably sell it.. someone grafted I believe Suzuki front end and wheels on to it previously.. I plan on shaving the sides of the heads to slim it up some similar to what they did with the CR750 as well..
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2017, 23:45:35 by 63SSRagtop »

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2017, 00:03:20 »
Awesome! Keep the updates coming.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline 63SSRagtop

• just random stuff
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2017, 00:40:48 »
Will do.. trying to find the right tank for it now.. something small but large enough to hide the coils up under the tank.. wish I knew someone local with a Honda rebel tank I could take a look at.. sticking to 3 or 3.3 gallon tank, found a local that will re-chrome the wheels and front end hardware without me giving up a testicle so that's cool.. lol

Offline 63SSRagtop

• just random stuff
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2017, 19:02:18 »
Having issues now deciding on which type of rocker to roll with.. front wheel will have a single large o.d. Brake rotor that's drilled and am thinking about using punch screen behind the neck area to fill the recess.. think the springer will look better with old school sugar bear or something more modern?

Offline 63SSRagtop

• just random stuff
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2017, 19:42:03 »
Got rockers cut today.. Still working on the making the convex head fasteners... Going to be a large head female from the outside in with a grade 8 hex from the inside of the lower rockers..  Still will do some final shaping once i get them tacked together, but makin progress!

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2017, 01:37:31 »
Really cool springer stuff.  Look forward to seeing where you take this one.
--
YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
The Shovelhead springer chopper
A bunch of KZ's...some Suzukis', and a disassembled CB550
--

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2017, 09:33:23 »
Very awesome. I sort of un-awesomed mine when I cut off the plungers.  I'll live it through you.  LOL

Offline 63SSRagtop

• just random stuff
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2017, 12:11:46 »
Very awesome. I sort of un-awesomed mine when I cut off the plungers.  I'll live it through you.  LOL

I actually contemplated but decided not to just yet.. have digits for a stiffer upper spring for the rear which will tone it down some i'm hoping.. wont need for sure till i get the engine in and see how she feels... I've got an extremely narrow turn radius as the fork legs have zero offset so they nail the frame alot sooner than i'd like but its a chopper so rolling with it..

getting the rocker bolts sorted out.. with any lucky i can get this mocked up next week and the pieces to chrome!
Made a new front axle in 3/4, stock stuff is up top, new stuff on the bottom.. those spacers are standoff's that will be welded on the back of the rocker.... Will replace the hex heads with chrome allen buttons probably..
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2017, 12:14:15 by 63SSRagtop »