cb360 tires

nairb87

i am building a cb360 and wanted to run a wider tire up front for a more aggressive look

right now i am running a 110/90-18 in the rear and i run a 100/90-18 up front

i saw 4into1.com has the tire i want and just wanted to run the same size tire front and rear

thanks

Bigger tires up front will tend to slog in the turns and they add extra weight. You can do it just fine, but it's a trade off. I ran pretty fat dual sport tires front and back on mine, but it was a purpose built bike not meant to be nimble in the twisties.

IIRC I ran a 100/90-18 Shinko 702 up front on my 360. Didn't notice much of a difference from the stock size.

irk miller said:
Bigger tires up front will tend to slog in the turns and they add extra weight. You can do it just fine, but it's a trade off. I ran pretty fat dual sport tires front and back on mine, but it was a purpose built bike not meant to be nimble in the twisties.

thanks, yeah the bike is getting stretched and lowered, handling has gone out the window haha

nairb87 said:
is there a difference in size from a 110/90-18 front and a 110/90-18 rear?

Depends on the tire, but probably just the tread pattern. A lot of times there's a central channel on a front tire to aid with water removal

advCo said:
Depends on the tire, but probably just the tread pattern. A lot of times there's a central channel on a front tire to aid with water removal

ok thanks, im going to order the IRC durotour RS-310 in that size for both front and rear.

is it safe to run that size tire (110/90-18) on a stock size front rim?

Check the duro tire site. Most manufacturers list rim widths that are min and max for a given tire size and usually a reccomended width

advCo said:
Personally I wouldn't go more than 1 size above/below what the manufacturer recommends

ok, im running a 100/90-18 up front right now, so wouldnt a 110/90-18 be one size up?

Back
Top Bottom