how many of you would be interested in something like this?

rphilli550

Been Around the Block
just finished this one...i have 2 more coming. these are bad pictures and i tried to capture every angle i could. I know the shade is a bit large...its just one i had laying around the apartment...you get the idea

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

not sure how many i would even be able to sell but this is the kind of thing i do...i've been making stuff out of car/motorcycle parts for about 5 years now. comments welcome

oh yeah i also wanted to put a peice of black rubber hose connecting the 2 vacuum line connections i just didnt have a peice laying around

CanadaDan said:
That's great!

But I don't think Tracey would let me put one in the living room ;D

haha...you wouldnt believe how many VW camshaft lamps i sold to the guys in my VW group here in VA. I definetly heard some stories of not-so-happy wives

I'd put the light inside the carb body and make it into a wall sconce. The butterfly choke could work as a dimmer/directional device. LED lights or something inside.

Tintin said:
I'd put the light inside the carb body and make it into a wall sconce. The butterfly choke could work as a dimmer/directional device. LED lights or something inside.

that would be awesome.

I like that!!... Id change the shade... How much are you selling them for, out of curiosity?

locOleoN said:
I like that!!... Id change the shade... How much are you selling them for, out of curiosity?

i dont even know. it cost me about 20 bucks to make the thing.

of course i never make a huge profit. I've made VW crankshaft tables, oil pan tables, camshaft lamps, piston lamps, emblem clocks...etc... the only thing i ever turn a decent profit on are my tables. i used to have a website but nothing ever sold so i discontinued the site.

Did you ever try cookware?

BMW Caserole Dish...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1975-75-75-BMW-R90-6-R-90-6-900cc-Casserole-Dish_W0QQitemZ320117028377QQihZ011QQcategoryZ35618QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rphilli550 said:
just finished this one...i have 2 more coming. these are bad pictures and i tried to capture every angle i could. I know the shade is a bit large...its just one i had laying around the apartment...you get the idea

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

not sure how many i would even be able to sell but this is the kind of thing i do...i've been making stuff out of car/motorcycle parts for about 5 years now. comments welcome

oh yeah i also wanted to put a peice of black rubber hose connecting the 2 vacuum line connections i just didnt have a peice laying around
hey that lamp has gotta have alternating current ,,how else could it work upside down ????

I Like it! ...that is until I pick up a bike that has one carb missing, lol.

If you made it with an Amal carb, you'd probably have to reverse or flip the electrical plug before putting it into the wall socket. ;)

should try helmet lamp shades,bet they sell like hot cakes
i makin one out of an ol helmet so when u lift the face it turns on .kinda nite lite for mykid

its on ebay. hope it does well. tell your friends!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270131765744&rd=1&rd=1

mechanical slide is dependable but could you make them with cv carbs? be alot easyer to syncronize my living room?
1181.gif

pyro139 said:
mechanical slide is dependable but could you make them with cv carbs? be alot easyer to syncronize my living room?
1181.gif

i can sure give it a try. i just need to find a cv carb.

Back
Top Bottom