DO THE TON / DIME CITY CYCLES BIKE OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2019

MAKE YOUR SELECTION THEN SCROLL DOWN AND HIT "SUBMIT" TO CAST YOUR VOTE!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
advCo said:
Seconded.

index.php

Thanks for the nomination, as always its still not quite finished.. then again I'll always find something to change... :)

Apologies - the last month has been a bit crazy. Went on vacation mid March with the family to Colorado/New Mexico. While we were there my uncle passed away after a 2 year battle with cancer. My parents made it to see him for a few minutes before he passed, and stayed with me for a week+ for the funeral.

Then while that was happening there was a re-org at work and I got a new boss. 2 weeks later he called me to tell me that had been my last day with the company - that was 5 days ago. So I'm working through legal things and freshening up the resume.

Setting the voting up now!

grandpaul said:
I like Phabbo's amazing transformation...

index.php

index.php

Is there a build thread for this? I can't find anything or the actual member name.

Tim said:
Is there a build thread for this? I can't find anything or the actual member name.

phabbo11. I swear I looked through the build. which, if memory serves was pretty short.

But I dont see it now.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2172

Phabbo, sorry if your bike isn't as well-liked as the other two totally different ones. I like it.

I have much respect for such a great restoration. IMO, they are more difficult than any custom job.

irk miller said:
I have much respect for such a great restoration. IMO, they are more difficult than any custom job.

They very much can be. fixing, finding and bringing stuff back to original is sometimes magic. I won't do it most of the time because I do not have the patience. I get it to good enough or put a substitute part. It takes a ton of skill to do what he did to that CB, or a ton of money on NOS parts but then it's not a restoration as such. Not knocking fabrication and custom skills at all and I know Irk isn't either, but a concourse restoration is tough to get right, on any bike, car, furniture whatever.

Tim said:
Apologies - the last month has been a bit crazy. Went on vacation mid March with the family to Colorado/New Mexico. While we were there my uncle passed away after a 2 year battle with cancer. My parents made it to see him for a few minutes before he passed, and stayed with me for a week+ for the funeral.

Then while that was happening there was a re-org at work and I got a new boss. 2 weeks later he called me to tell me that had been my last day with the company - that was 5 days ago. So I'm working through legal things and freshening up the resume.

Setting the voting up now!

Oh man, you have had quite a time, sorry to hear this. We can wait while you get your stuff straightened out. I still don't know how i am going to vote anyway, :)

Yikes, just saw that you have set up the voting.

Seems that the 450's nomination didn't include a link to the build thread (which also seems to be missing), nor did the owner accept the nomination.
According to the rules...

The CB450 thing is odd. His only posts that show in a search are no later than 2010, and mostly of his T500, which in itself is a nice bike. He references the 450 in that thread, but that's it. Was it all deleted? Where did the pic even come from?

Congratulations Bevelheadmhr, great looking ride. I'll pm you for your details and get your gift certificate in the mail. Nicely done!

Too bad the voting turnout is so so low - this competition could be so much bigger...

Thanks for the votes :), I was surprised it ended so quickly. I had assumed the competition would run until the end of April?

Bevelheadmhr said:
Thanks for the votes :), I was surprised it ended so quickly. I had assumed the competition would run until the end of April?

Tim was busy and got the voting up late so this was a condensed month. Congrats!

Jimbonaut said:
Too bad the voting turnout is so so low - this competition could be so much bigger...

Agreed. With 42,463 members (that's the real number, not made up) it is a bit disappointing that only 38 showed up to vote, and it seems that around 40 has been the average here lately. Its especially disappointing that the numbers are that low with legit sponsorship from you and DCC as well.

It would be nice to revisit the once monthly email about voting, and at least see If it changes the numbers after a few months of it.

Either way, beautiful bike and well deserved win Mr Hammer Man!

Hurco550 said:
Agreed. With 42,463 members (that's the real number, not made up) it is a bit disappointing that only 38 showed up to vote, and it seems that around 40 has been the average here lately. Its especially disappointing that the numbers are that low with legit sponsorship from you and DCC as well.

It would be nice to revisit the once monthly email about voting, and at least see If it changes the numbers after a few months of it.

Either way, beautiful bike and well deserved win Mr Hammer Man!

when you have long time members of the forum telling people how most of the bikes dont even belong in the contest... it kinda takes the fun out of it.

MiniatureNinja said:
when you have long time members of the forum telling people how most of the bikes dont even belong in the contest... it kinda takes the fun out of it.

its pretty much just ONE member, and he can't let it go, even when there have been MULTIPLE conversations about it.

Back
Top Bottom