Stupid question about FOX vs Ohlins

Finnigan

Over 1,000 Posts
Seen this in 2 online reviews now that FOX shocks are copies of Ohlins models, thats why they come out a few months later and are comparable. Anyone else heard this?

Dollar for dollar is there much difference between the two companies (and comparable models)?

I doubt Fox is a direct copy of Ohlins design work, but the industry has been a nightmare of covert ops hahaha... One thing i can assure you is that what both are selling at the retail level is in no way comparable to works suspension internals i.e. valving and materials, hell the team techs can't even open that shit up... it goes directly back to the factory for any rework and they keep tight tabs on all of it... same with exhaust, and even motors in some cases if you lease the parts.

I would bet both throw the other down a path with retail parts... not to say they are inferior, just not cutting edge inside 007 shit! :eek:

Ohlins has been the team to beat forever, but I don't think Fox has to stoop to industrial espionage to offer top drawer products. Who do you think owns the mountain bike market for instance. It ain't Ohlins.

The key is sourcing your shocks from someone who will provide you with a proper spring rate. The rest is icing on the cake!

Basically Fox hasn't entered the the street market at all, the shocks Cognito is offering is the Fox Podium that comes from the bicycle/motocross world, Ohlins produces suspension for almost anything that moves, I don't think you will see Fox show up at WorldSBK sporting anything remotely like this: and that's probably old hack, but who am I... I can't afford/justify either for my clumsy old CB :eek:

Attachments

• Ohhhlins Works.jpg
    Ohhhlins Works.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,089
Back
Top Bottom