Care to share a little inspiration?

Drewski, you are probably right. He probably started with an RD and that was the core of his bike. What he has now is the meanest RD around.

A bit like my GT750 Hypersport ModRod. By the time I'm finished I'll be asking WTF I was doing with that old clunker motor in there. Why not fit a Polaris/PSI 1800, 250HP triple motor and Baker 6 speed and be done with it. Or a more modern twin 800cc 200HP motor. Hmm? That gives me an idea. FZR 1000 frame, GXSR suspension and brakes, Polaris motor ;-) Just when the voices in my head had stopped and now you got them going again. It's not my fault doctor.....................

It's childish and silly, but I picked this thing up earlier in the week and I just keep looking at it, thinking of what I'm gonna do...

So, yeah... it's my inspiration at the moment.

644107_10151320988050159_1158033838_n.jpg

teazer said:
Drewski, you are probably right. He probably started with an RD and that was the core of his bike. What he has now is the meanest RD around.

A bit like my GT750 Hypersport ModRod. By the time I'm finished I'll be asking WTF I was doing with that old clunker motor in there. Why not fit a Polaris/PSI 1800, 250HP triple motor and Baker 6 speed and be done with it. Or a more modern twin 800cc 200HP motor. Hmm? That gives me an idea. FZR 1000 frame, GXSR suspension and brakes, Polaris motor ;-) Just when the voices in my head had stopped and now you got them going again. It's not my fault doctor.....................

Haha, Teazer!! You got it bad bud!! ;D

I've got a friend here that's mulling over the same kinda build project... a 3 cylinder 2 stroke snowmobile engine, mated to a 6 speed transmission, in a sportbike frame... crazyness!! ;D ;D In the neighbourhood of 200hp in that combo as well! :eek: (listen to the voices Teazer... listen to the voices...)

Sonreir said:
It's childish and silly, but I picked this thing up earlier in the week and I just keep looking at it, thinking of what I'm gonna do...

644107_10151320988050159_1158033838_n.jpg

Oh baby... I see all kinds of silliness in your future resulting from that little purchase!! ;D

Can't wait to hear what you decide to do with it!! 8)

Sonreir said:

I was thinking about this comment, and it continues to resonate within me. :)

It's a hoot when you see the faces of "the like-minded" light up when they see what you've done. Or to see what someone else is doing and think, "Man.. I wanna do that!!" To inspire and be inspired.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen a pic here... read an account... that has made me bust out in a grin or laugh out loud, because I can relate to you all. 8)

Stay childish...

... and silly. 8)

I love this place. :)

It kinda reminds me of a comic I saw a while ago...

A boy says to his Mom, "When I grow up I wanna be a biker!"

His Mom replies, "You can only choose one of those things."

Perfect. ;D

Sonreir said:
It kinda reminds me of a comic I saw a while ago...

A boy says to his Mom, "When I grow up I wanna be a biker!"

His Mom replies, "You can only choose one of those things."

Perfect. ;D

Love it :)

That is sexy. Wonder if they stretched the performance to match. However it really looks like a couple of th CB900F's that have been done one here and other boards so I would be inclined to start with one of those if I was cutting it up.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Someone has already breathed on one of the new CB1100's ;)

CB1100F_chop-ducktail.jpg

Not quite, that's a sketch based on the pre-production mock-up, there were several concepts.

Here's another more closely based on the production bike:

Honda%20CB1100%20Customize%20Concept.jpg

This is the production bike.

Honda_CB1100_Black.jpg

Drewski said:
Haha, Teazer!! You got it bad bud!! ;D

..................... (listen to the voices Teazer... listen to the voices...)

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks I needed that. The problem is that there is not enough time or cash to do all the crazy things that pop into my head. I have a 6 speed CB77 to get going on and a 6 speed GSXR EFI reed valved GT750 to finish before I start the next project.

teazer said:
That made me laugh out loud. Thanks I needed that. The problem is that there is not enough time or cash to do all the crazy things that pop into my head. I have a 6 speed CB77 to get going on and a 6 speed GSXR EFI reed valved GT750 to finish before I start the next project.

What are u doin' wasting time here??!! :eek: Sounds like you've got work to do!! Get at it Brotha!! ;D 8) 8)

I have enough existing projects and crazy ideas to keep me going for another couple of decades and no time or cash for any of them. Some will get done and some will not. I think that's how Darwin said it worked...

Got a short video clip of the SBK Factory zrx 1224RR from Barber.

I was shocked when the owner fired it up!! He caught me by surprise and I fumbled, bumbled and struggled to get my iPhone going to catch it. I just got a little tease for yaz. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zYMoCyA9_c&feature=plcp

I missed the couple of moments when he "whacked" it!! I was awesome!! ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom