Taking a different direction = "Element CM400" adventure bike

Bobby4Prezz

Been Around the Block
lol i know it doesnt make much sence, but i really like the Honda Element and toyota Fj when there all tricked out for bajah and offroading, i want to incorperate my love for them into my bike, so i figured tracker was the way to go! my biggest inspirations are these bikes stouts 250 and superhawk,
5052780.png
[/URL] This vintage BMW i found while searching online(i also posted this in the inspiration thread) again on the inspiration thread the Yamaha SR500 Dirt Rod and this husqvana i will be incorporating something from each of these bikes i believe into my "Element" Project... im already working on a tail section similar to stouts 250 i think thats what the rear should look like and fell in love with it when i first saw it. as you can tell im pretty stoked to get started on this project and just thought i'd start my very first build thread! any and all input and help you guys can give me would be awesome!

Re: "Element CM400" Element and CJ inspired tracker?

here she is before i really knew which way i wanted to go with a crappy spray down and changed out handle bars, pretty much now i've just been breaking it down to the bones

Re: "Element CM400" Element and CJ inspired tracker?

So we're thinking enduro/adventure/Baja racer type bike? Sounds great

Re: "Element CM400" Element and CJ inspired tracker?Df

Hey guys! Just went on a spending spree when I got my tax money back got a new speedo, headlight, blinkers, taillight setup and looking at a set of off road pegs, I'm having a hard time deciding on which style bars to go with either these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=280629903872

Or these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=390213205341

Or these
t back to me with what u think asap I want to start getting everything together to build this beast!

Re: "Element CM400" adventure bike

(I also posted his on the HELP thread, to try to get more feed back)
hey guys, im posting this up to get some feedback and see what you guys tink. I bought a bunch of different fittings from autozone to get the bends and everything i need for my exhaust one of them will continue straight and the other with bend the same side to have the tips one on top of each other, i will be useing the stock headers, and adding on from where i cut off (right about fromthe foot pegs) i also will be making a custom baffle which has been talked about before here home made copper baffle, then paint the tips black and wrapping the whole exhaust in black header wrap. heres a look at the fittings, let me know what you think. pretty much all the bends would be under the bike so this is what you'd see of the pipes

has anyone seen/used this all-in-one handlebar switch http://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-129005/Switch,+Handlebar+Control+(dsk)+W%2Fhi+Beam+Ind. ? or have any ideas on how to really clean everything up on the bars? i order the acewell knockoff that a bunch of guys where talking about on this site, and id like to keep the bars as clean as possible, i only have the right hand brake and no cluth lever on the right(because its an auto) so this could give me a really really clean look! let me know what you think!

Don't use those exhaust tips. The crimped tubing looks horrendous.

Get some dirt bike bars of some sort.

The only reason that BMW looks cool in all flat black is because its so simple that you can see the individual components.

Painting any random bike completely flat black will just make it look like it was in a fire.

Be careful of mixing inspirations. Two different types of inspiration may not mix well at all.

i know its not the "ideal" pipes, but the fact the only the last 3 inches of pipe are exposed and it will all be wrapped, you wont be able to see the bends anyway, i was more curious about the "functionality"

Started breaking down and labeling all the wiring and everything on my bike, pretty much done with that now, and next i'll pull the engine and start preping the frame and engine for paint. Need to clean my carbs up they look pretty rough. but was just excited that im started on this build! parts are starting to come in so should be moving along!

I'm with Pheller on this one. I'm not sure those pipe tips will work--exposed on unexposed. He has a point about mixing inspirations. Have a look at his project.

--Chris

Those pipe tips might work if they where tucked up under the seat... kinda out of sight.
sweet inspiration pics, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Those pipe ends would look great on a Rat bike, but not so cool on a tracker/enduro type bike IMHO.

Grab a good side view of that bike off the net and start drawing all over copies of it until the vision emerges. I would be surprised if you still want to use those tips when you work out the look.

Thanks for the input on the pipes guys, here's another question what cab I use to strip
Just that spray bomb black off of the gas tank to get back to clear and other color?

heres a look at whats going on in my garage, i cut the frame down some in the back(have to decide how much more to go) got some of the rear cowl cut down and working on the tank paint, heres some pictures as i said the rear tail is based off stout's 250(with his blessing) i need to decide what angle to put the fairing at and cut the frame the rest of the way to match.

The tail light is held in with tape right now to help me get the angle i want so you can see the light. hard to tell by the picture but the blue im using is the "Toyota FJ" toy blue.

Not that my bike is the only way to use that tail section and by all means position it however you like but I thought you might like to see a close up profile shot of mine to help figure out what angle to position it. - Stout

DSCN0915.jpg

what do you guys thing of these bars? i bought straight drag bars, but i dont know if they look right, what do u think? the way this bike sits, tank and stuff and lowered seat it pretty much the way mine looks. so its a good representaion

Bobby, I'm a little unclear as to what direction you are headed in. If your bike looks like that XS, it's not clear how that will be an "adventure/Baja racer" type bike or didn't I get the Tweet about change in direction?

What works for me is to take a couple of pics of the bike - or steal some off the web, and mark them up with crayons or paintshop. Sometimes I'll cut and paste (literally if necessary) bits from other bikes until the picture or vision starts to emerge.

Details get changed as I go along, but I need a vision of where I'm headed. If I don't know where I'm going, I have no chance of getting there.

I was expecting to see a set of MX bars and twin PIAA lights on yours with knobby tires and quite a high seat almost like an MX/urban warrior look. How about a MX type slim seat for a different look?

Back
Top Bottom