She may not be the prettiest girl...75 CB360

JustinLonghorn

No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
but she's all mine. 1975 CB360T. "My Dearest Darling"

First Build, definitely a learning experience.

Here is how she sits now. I will upload some of the build pictures within the next couple of days. This is her on her way to my mechanic for a good once over (we called it a safety inspection, like I said, my first build).

now.jpg

So here's my question to you all. What color do I paint the seat? I have black, blue, and white.

white.jpg

blue.jpg

black.jpg

Re: She may not be the prettiest girl...

And here is her rear end...

rear.jpg

Oh, and the mirror is temporary, just until I get my hands on the correct bar end ones.

black or blue.. but i may be leaning towards black

Same blue as tank with similare white and black design.

Boner said:
Same blue as tank with similare white and black design.

Yeah, if your leaving the tank with the stock paint (which is very cool) then match the tail! Blue, then lay on the black and white design. It will look killer!

Boner said:
Same blue as tank with similar white and black design.

+10
match the existing paint and graphics, would look great!

Swagger said:
+10
match the existing paint and graphics, would look great!

Put me in for that idea too...you don't want it to look off balance.

So, my mechanic checked everything over and everything is good to go, except...

I pulled the sprocket cover off to polish it. When I put everything back together, I made sure everything went back the same way it came apart (including the D-ring with the three ball bearings). My clutch lever is able to be pulled in all the way and snaps back with no problems. The bike will shift with no issues (when the bike isn't running). When I start the bike, pull in the lever and pop it into first, it is as if the clutch isn't working at all.

Any suggestions?

Sticky clutch plates perhaps, what did you clean it with? Did you refill withthe right kind of oil?
If you cleaned the linkage for the clutch...are you certain that it went back together right?
Could be a simple matter to take care of. If you have a decent manual I'd start there..

Got my clutch sorted out. Factory Honda Manual diagram was wrong. See the pics in my 1-800 section.

Here are some various pics of the bike. There are some things need to be repainted, but that will have to come at the end of riding season (except for the seat, I will be painting that this week).

Sorry, they are from my cell phone.

The rear "fender"

rear-fender.jpg

My white headlight bucket, I am going to paint the chrome ring black at some point.

white-bucket.jpg

Beautiful carb:

beautiful.jpg

Little dirty after sitting at my mechanic, but she'll clean up alright:

dirty.jpg

So, I put my hi-low/turn signal switches in the headlight clamp holes. My bars no longer have any switches on them:

switches.jpg

A closer shot:

hi-low.jpg

I don't have the attention to detail that some of the folks here have, but I'd like think I am building an alright little scooter.

I also have a kill switch for my coils, but that one's hidden. I would take a picture of it, but its location is "TOP SECRET"

Oh, I also thought y'all would like this.

funny.jpg

blue for sure, with a black number with a white outline maybe.

^ That looks like a winner! With black upolstery it will look cool. 8)

Back
Top Bottom