She may not be the prettiest girl...75 CB360

Re: She may not be the prettiest girl...

KrashManhatten said:
Justin--

where did you get your airfilters, for this thing? also i have the same sticker on my carbs for the Banshee i have sittng nxt to my 360

They came with the Mikuni's. I will look at one brand they are when I get home tonight, and I will let you know.

Re: She may not be the prettiest girl...

KrashManhatten said:
Justin--

where did you get your airfilters, for this thing? also i have the same sticker on my carbs for the Banshee i have sittng nxt to my 360

Krash,

Sorry about the delayed response on this, here is a pic of the air filter.

filter.jpg

Alright, so, I just wanted to show everyone my failed attempt at a paint job. Thought I had a great base of paint, and started the wet sand process (using 1500 grit). Well, after one swipe with the paper, I knew I was in trouble. Here is my Epic Fail.

Tank:

epic_fail.jpg

Tail:

epic_fail-2.jpg

Here's the deal. It is riding season, and I need to ride. So, I am going to throw a couple of coats of clear on her, and ride her just like this until winter.

ride.jpg

Oh, and here was my inspiration for the color scheme (black, gold, white).

guiness.jpg

Might be waiting a little while for Brandon - his wedding is / was around the corner. Deviant1 would know.

Hopefully somebody with better eyes than myself can help you out!

So, apparently, I am an idiot. When I shot clear over top of it...low and behold nice shiny black again. I will get pics tomorrow night.

Did get my patches put on my jacket.

jacket-2.jpg

jacket.jpg

Did a little work on the tank/seat tonight.

combo-1.jpg

combo-2-1.jpg

guiness-2.jpg

And I am getting my little one started early. HEERRREE'SSSS ETTA!!!

early.jpg

I was scrolling down reading that and saw the Guinness, then saw your daughter. Thought we were gonna have a little chat on "extreme" underage drinking!

Glad to hear you got the paint all straightened out man! Lookin good.

So, I wet sanded, buffed, and waxed the paint.

I then put the tins on the bike, gassed it up, and took it for a spin.

Here are some pics.

ride-4.jpg

ride-3.jpg

ride-2.jpg

ride-5.jpg

Weather permitting, she'll be at the British/European show tomorrow.

looks awesome justin!!

also, etta is such a badass name. and absolutely adorable little gal! how many months is she?

justin looks sick man... love the black gold white guiness theme. I gotta say, and I am just being honest, but the seat needs more work... Your bike looks great, paint, everything, but the seat with those wrinkles looks half assed. Sorry man not trying to be a dick, but I think that with a little heat you should be able to stretch the vinyl (I assume it is vinyl??) Try a blow dryer on high or a hobby heat gun... even a butane torch works well if you are very (and I mean very) careful. Just hold the torch back a bit so you dont discolor that nice white material.

Spend some time, Try tacking in one side (small area at a time, like 4 inches) then heat up the vinyl a good bit with a hair dryer. Then pull like hell directly across from where you tacked the first side. After you get it as tight as you possibly can, have a friend (or any one that is willing to help... most people will do this for beer) tack the side your holding. Do this all the way up both sides then do the front by heating the whole front of the seat, pull, and then tack. You should be golden...

tonuppirate said:
just curious, where did you put your battery?
rattrap?

I made a tray out of ABS plastic, so the battery is under the seat hump.

Boss Man, the seat was exactly what it looks like, half-assed. I fully intend to redo it (or have a nice one upholstered). I have a lot more of the vinyl, so maybenover the next week or so, I will give it another go.

JustinLonghorn said:
Boss Man, the seat was exactly what it looks like, half-assed. I fully intend to redo it (or have a nice one upholstered). I have a lot more of the vinyl, so maybenover the next week or so, I will give it another go.

Sweet, well glad to hear that is not final... you know the saying friends don't let friends ride JUNK... hahaha, On a more serious note, Did I mention how much I like your paint scheme... that white just makes it POP!

I took "darling" out for a spirited ride last night. I think I need to re-jet. I have a flat spot at around 5500 RPM. She gets all hesitant. However, I did get up to around 75mph or so, and she was still very smooth and had more to give.

However, Loc-tite is a necessity. Somewhere during the ride I lost three hex-cap screws, 5 nuts, a handful of washers, and my key ignition worked its way loose. Luckily (and I mean extremely lucky) nothing fell off, considering the rear mudguard lost 2 of the four bolts, and both of the remaining two bolts were missing the nuts. Having that sheet of metal getting caught up in the chain/rear tire would not have been pleasant.

JustinLonghorn said:
However, Loc-tite is a necessity. Somewhere during the ride I lost three hex-cap screws, 5 nuts, a handful of washers, and my key ignition worked its way loose. Luckily (and I mean extremely lucky) nothing fell off, considering the rear mudguard lost 2 of the four bolts, and both of the remaining two bolts were missing the nuts. Having that sheet of metal getting caught up in the chain/rear tire would not have been pleasant.

*note to self* Loc-tite everything. Scary man, did you hear the nuts pinging off the ground as you were riding? hahaha, oh man. glad it wasn't a severe incident.

I knew that paint would come out! Great work, and I am also glad to hear you are planning on giving the seat some more love!

GREAT work man, and nice scoot!

tWistedWheelz said:
I knew that paint would come out! Great work, and I am also glad to hear you are planning on giving the seat some more love!

GREAT work man, and nice scoot!

Thanks man, I appreciate your help. I don't think she would have come out as nice as she did without your input.

So, I picked up some fork boots from Summit Racing.

Let me know what y'all think (real shitty cell phone pics).

boots.jpg

boots2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom