Yes, another CB360 Project - BRGT

With the enrichener open on Mikuni carbs the bike should cut out when hot (even from 4K)
If it isn't it's either an air leak or real lean

The gap looks about right for the front of the slides, but it's the back you want to check. The backs are much lower than the front.

Ah the joys of tuning a Mikuni VM30. I'm still working on getting it to idle. I've decided "in for a penny, in for a pound" and sent off for new stock carb boots (insulators) to replace the original set that I tried to recondition.

While waiting I fabbed up an extended choke lever for the left side carb. Much easier to reach now than before.

I refuse to finish the seat until I've got a fully functional bike. Maybe this winter I'll get this thing DONE! ;) (I know, it's never "done").

Attachments

• Mikuni Choke.JPG
    Mikuni Choke.JPG
    325 KB · Views: 667
Carb boots showed up today. They are a LOT more pliable than the reconditioned ones I tried. Live and learn. Good quality product from the good folks at Sirius Consolidated Inc.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 1,298
Just realised you have the right carb enrichener lever fitted backwards. The left carb didn't need an extension as lever was designed to go over manifold to the left side. I fitted a straight pull to right side on my set as the lever would end up between carbs. I think I posted pictures of it, will check and post here if I did

Not best pic in the world but you can see what I did and how enrichener should be fitted. I've since modified the tops to get better clearance on 360

Mikunichoke1.jpg

I have another pair of Mikuni's, haven't done any work on them yet though
Mikunichoke2.jpg

Probably works out ~3/8" more clearance under tank, still get full throttle no problem

Hey PJ - Thanks for the input. I like your setup. The reason I fabbed the extended lever is because the original lever, setup the way you have yours, was crammed in behind the petcock and the clutch cable making it very difficult to move up and down.

Unless I'm off my nut, I think they work fine the way I have them setup. Both are easy to get to now.

Attachments

• Closed Enricher.JPG
    Closed Enricher.JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Open Enricher.JPG
    Open Enricher.JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 1,133
Enricheners will work fine, just looks a little strange to me ;D
I've used bicycle spokes to make a link from left to right carb and just used left lever, it is possible to rotate it slightly to clear clutch cable but your set up looks much easier to use

Well, for those still interested in this project . . . I've torn the engine down "one more time" and discovered (finally) why I was having trouble shifting. Stupid oversight on my part. The transmission bearings were missing the ring sets (Part #14) that hold them in the proper position in the case. At least I hope that's the reason. I'm waiting on NOS to install and see if that brings it online. If it does, I'll finally be able to put it all together, and then SELL IT! This has been a frustrating project at times, but all in all I've enjoyed it.

Having worked on this project for what seems like 3 years, I've finally plunked down my money on a bike that actually runs! After I installed new coils, a Pamco IE, replaced the petcock, and shined her up I've got a beautiful 72 CB350F. A baby 4 for putting around town. This bike is a blast! I realized that being retired, I needed a bike that wifey and I could enjoy together. ;D

Attachments

• Clips.jpg
    Clips.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 659
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 659
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 664
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 691
Wangofree said:
Well, for those still interested in this project

I'll finally be able to put it all together, and then SELL IT! This has been a frustrating project at times, but all in all I've enjoyed it.

Having worked on this project for what seems like 3 years, I've finally plunked down my money on a bike that actually runs! After I installed new coils, a Pamco IE, replaced the petcock, and shined her up I've got a beautiful 72 CB350F. A baby 4 for putting around town. This bike is a blast! I realized that being retired, I needed a bike that wifey and I could enjoy together. ;D

YES, still very interested in this project.

Im sorry its been frustrating for you. Im thinking you should keep and ride her for atleast this season.

Put the wife on the 350 and cruise around hunting for that ultimate ice cream stand together.

BTW the 350 IS a beautiful example.

Thanks Trek. It was $945, and I put another $400 into it. Yeah, if I get the café in ride able condition I'll probably keep it for a little while. ;)

I've been scoping out your updates. Lookin' good man!

thanks bro. Im still waiting on the front fender tag from india to arrive. If its not too terribly cheesy I think it will be the cherry on top.

Until of course Mr. E produces the new billet triple top he's making for me.

THAT will be the ultimate lipstick for this old pig.

I have no doubts, the very first successful run around the block you make on the old girl, All your woes will melt away and you will fall in love all over again. ;)

Well, my project has finally come to an end. . . Bike is now for sale on local CL. It was fun, I learned a lot, and I appreciate all the help I received.

I don't have a fancy Hero camera, so video is a little shaky, but you can hear how she sounds on the road. She is wicked fast fun!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J78Bfcm7kXE

Back
Top Bottom