Latest purchase

beatnic

Coast to Coast
Picked up a 91 Bandit 400 for the GF, her 1st bike. We have lots to do to get her road worthy, but the GF wants to do as much of the work as she can, and learn as we go.

91bandit.jpg

My buddy had one in high school. Fun bike. Thats cool that she wants to do the work. Keep us posted! HAve you convinced her to go "fighter" with it yet? :D

Nice lookin rig! Im diggin the tubular frame. You gonna cafe it out or just get 'er road worthy?

Thanks...we're just going to get it road worthy for now. Ultimately, it's up to Alex to decide how it will look. I'm pretty curious to how it will end up looking myself.

I wish I would have taken a pic when we got her. The tank and seat off it, the forks, and triples off, handle bars off, and all the controls off of the bars. I think the owner started taking it apart and didn't know how to put back together. It sat for 3yrs under his porch in his back yard disassembled.

We got it for $500 and he delivered it. I'm pretty happy with that.

beatnic said:
Picked up a 91 Bandit 400 for the GF, her 1st bike. We have lots to do to get her road worthy, but the GF wants to do as much of the work as she can, and learn as we go.

91bandit.jpg

That's great that your GF wants to help. Mine just watches me and criticizes. At least she isn't bitching at me for spending too much time on the bike. She reaps the benefits of my work anyway when we go for rides.

man i wish my girlfriend rode...

ditch that rear fender and its already an improvement!

i love these 90s bikes...

So far no criticism, just lots of questions...

haha...yeah, the rear fender has to go. That's one of the first things Alex asked about.

I love these GSF400's, be careful, especially when teaching the GF to ride this. When These little 4cyl get on cam, they scream. Wheelie machines for sure! If I remember, my buddies would scare the crap out of both of us, and we have ridden all our life. By the looks of it yours is UK bike, are you in Canada? I want to get one, but here in the states they are pretty hard to come by.

Anyway, looks like a sweet project, I will be watching for sure!

dakine_surf - I'm in Pittsburgh. I don't see many of these on the street either. I'm surprised Suzuki didn't sell more stateside.

Alex is taking the MSF course in 3 weeks, and I'm going to try to borrow my buddies xr so she can get more seat time.

We tore into the suspension, and found an aftermarket Fox shock ( preload, comp, and rebound adjustment ) on it. The shock's worth more than the bike, lol. So now, I'm going to install Race Tech gold valve emulators in the forks, this should be a nice handling little bike.

Back
Top Bottom