I pronounce it "done" - beaters kz400 cafe

beater

Been Around the Block
It's not a cb, and they're only cell phone pics, but they're ok I think. Let me know what you think :

(the leak onto the left pipe is from me not wiping the chain after lube today)
4637498678_e7b1383f3f_o.jpg

4636888857_327b39a9bd_b.jpg

4636888731_0b7655c557_b.jpg

4637498402_05ce63c79f_b.jpg

4636888611_3715f11be1_b.jpg

4637498270_973822e028_b.jpg

4637498234_c8d867bc5e_b.jpg

4636888313_ba69dc0d28_b.jpg

toldi said:
nice,what material did you use for that seat?

thin gauge steel. I beat metal for a hobby as well, hence the nickname. It bolts to the rear hoop cross-member and I welded in a captured nut in front.

dean owens said:
very nice bike. i dig it.

about the chain... you should check into this stuff.
teflon-chain-lube.jpg

here's the write up on it
http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-chain-lube.htm

i've been using it for about a year now and love it.

I'll have to check that out. being an ex-bike (pedal) racer, I am a big fan of wax lubes on non-o ring chains. Truth be told, the old chain was a bit surface rusty, and I was using some lube/rust buster material to take off some of the grime before I lubed it for real. I am a big fan of pj1 blue for my o-ringers.

majority of bikes here arent hondas. simply too many other brands ;)

sweet n simple looking ride bud!

what's the tail light you've got running on there ? looks like one of those LED strips with the turn sigs integrated on em ? ( unless im mistaken ) but, if so, how are they working out for ya ??

drummershoes said:
sweet n simple looking ride bud!

what's the tail light you've got running on there ? looks like one of those LED strips with the turn sigs integrated on em ? ( unless im mistaken ) but, if so, how are they working out for ya ??

thanks.

the bar is combo running/brake, the license frame has the turn signals. Worked great until I lost the rectifier/regulator and fried them.. blew every bulb and resisitor wired in the frame, front signals, headlight, etc etc etc..

Very nice. I have a kz440. How much header wrap did you use? I need to buy some I heard 75' of the 2" tape works, what about you though?

sweeeet. Very clean looking machine. I have to ask, what are you doing for a battery?

CMHN said:
sweeeet. Very clean looking machine. I have to ask, what are you doing for a battery?

sorry - been away for a while.

If you check the build thread - you will see two 6v lighting batteries wired to 12v under the seat.

Back
Top Bottom