The Double Triple.......

doodoo said:
Love this video!!! Sounds like a old ferrari racecar... minus 6cyl.... awesome awesome new/old technology build!!!! definte inspiration!

I was thinking the same thing! Sounds like a vintage racecar...yet its missing 2 wheels haha! LOVE THAT SOUND! totally jealous

bbqb4racin said:
I was told this would be a good place to post some pics of.................

DSC_6090.jpg

DSC_6089.jpg

DSC_6107.jpg

010.jpg

DSC_6153.jpg

DSC_6092.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Best CBX i have ever seen!! :eek:

This bike looks like the bike that Honda didn't have the balls to build. I'm glad you built it, because it's just dead sexy. Looks, sounds, I wouldn't change a thing. Congratulations on a wonderful, creative build.

That's a beautiful machine. Your passion, hard work and time invested come through well.

HOLLY CRAP!!!
if I may join the band wagon here.. and say.. dam boy!!!! thats a sick bike.. the best CBX i have ever seen.. or heard!
good job man.. love to see more vids riding, if you have.. sounds soooo sexy.. LOL

Thanks for all the support guys! I want everyone to know, this never started as an all out, spend lots of money build. It was a budget build from the get go. It's still on a budget! I originally purchased the CBX on the local Craigslist in St Pete, FL. Most of the parts I bought from Ebay and some local bikeshops used parts bins. I used as many recycled parts as I could. I only spent on new when I felt it was absolutely necessary. There were a lot of hand fabricated pieces in this build we'll just call free labor, (my labor!). Ha! I broke things, I fcked things up, I injured myself, I cussed, I wasted money, and, not all the hours spent were necessarily productive......(There may have been a little beer drinkin in there!) I learned a lot too! I'd love to do another bike soon and plan on it. Not sure what it might be but with a little luck and a little money I'll see what I can come up with! Again, thanks much and glad you guys liked it!

Wow i have always been a big fan of twins but this bike might just be 3x as cool. I love the craftsmanship; your hard work really paid off. This is a great example of built not bought. That carbon fiber is sick, i especially like how you broke it up with the stripe down the middle.

well sir... I think you some'd it up for most of us on this site... as much as most of us would love to have the cash to throw at a bike... we don't..
and besides, if it wasn't for the trials and fuck ups... getting dirty, long nights.. shoot'n from the hip and spout'n lovely cuss'n vocabulary... and yes, maybe a few beers along the way, building this creatures of love of ours wouldn't be as enjoyable as they are. And we wouldn't appreciate them as much as we do..

I also believe because most of us on this site, come from that same line of patients and drive can find more appreciation towards other fellow bikes/builders like yours/you, because we understand the efforts put forth to achieve such beauty... you are amongst brotha's there.. =)

can't wait to see what else you cook up... ;-)

rick! haven't seen you at CF for some time, we all thought you'd died :D haha. whatever happened to the pics with the beautiful girl? i'm sure those would be welcome over here too :D

n0regret5 said:
rick! haven't seen you at CF for some time, we all thought you'd died :D haha. whatever happened to the pics with the beautiful girl? i'm sure those would be welcome over here too :D

The CF site seemed to have a problem or and upgrade about a year ago. Since then I haven't been able to log on to or even view the site! I can't do it at work either. Not sure why although it has worked occasionally. I can't log on, I can't post. No, not dead yet either! ;D

Sorry I haven't been posting guys. I sure have been looking around though! This site has a lot to take in. There are definately some creative and talented people on here and some great builds! Don't mind me if I just keep looking and reading. I do appreciate all the great comments too!

Here's one more pic for you guys. I hope no one gets offended........ ;D

001-1.jpg

bikeboy said:
looks like photobucket did ;)

Can you host it somewhere else??

Damn Photobucket!!! Geez......it wasn't even that bad! No problem, I've got it fixed. No censorship now! (unless DO THE TON doesn't like it!) Ha!

001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom