My first bike build......ever!

bbqb4racin

SIKK CYLS
I was going through some old pics today and here's something I found. The first bike I ever built! Well.....built? Modded, cut up, fuked with, Ha! These pics are from approx 1978. If I remember correctly it started out as a 1974 500 or 550? I forget! Anyway, I fixed the pipes, (turndowns), installed a Tracy's body kit, drag bars, cut the neck and raked it, (ooohhh, such a no-no!!), cleaned and polished some bits and I'm sure a few other things. This was my first attempt at this bike. I eventually did it much nicer, fixed the tank where the forks hit it, installed steering stops, repainted it with a very fine deep blue metalflake and built a 4 into 1 custom header. I'm still looking for those pics and will post them as soon as I find them. Here's what I've got for now.

1978 Baby!!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

003-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

Ethanol said:
That's... uh... aerodynamic?

More pics!

Geez....not sure how to take that! Lol! That Tracy's body kit was the shit back in the day. It was ahead of it's time. One piece body and fuel tank with a skinny front fender. I posted it to show what the mindset was back then as opposed to what the current trend is. I haven't seen a Tracy's body in years! If you find one today, believe me, it would be well worth grabbing!

Ethanol said:
I really like the rake on the front. Looks mean.

Soooooo wrong though! Ha! But what did I know back then? The chopper/Harley guys were doing it. It was good enough for them so, it was good enough for me! I never had any fear on cutting things up so there ya go! Looks over function, what was I thinking?

Back
Top Bottom