Ceejay - Finished and registered!

Pretty rad man. I really dig the paint. Are you going to add any padding on that seat? Lokks a little rough!

Very cool man! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely love this bike!! Well done.

Stunning! Classic proportions and lines.
It has a real balanced look.
You must be well chuffed with it.
:)

Definately keen to do a proper planned build. See how things are when they announce the rules and regs. Hopefully it'll be along similar lines to last comp. Maybe a condition of entry would be that it has to be registerable, not necessarily registered, but at least be kitted out to be.

See what happens hey! Would have loved to have seen yours there. This year is the year... ;)

Can't reveal all my secrets! ha ha. I have a realistic plan for a xl500 or similar into a bobbery thingy, or if I go hardcore with it maybe build a bike completely from scratch... :eek:

Maybe we could even get a dotheton build crew shirt made up or something! haha

Verry nice build! Love the big Honda wing. Do you know the jetting specs? Im building something simmilar.

My jetting stayed the same, probly causing my idle issues and it running a wee bit hot. I'm still tinkering with the carbs but at the moment I just have a 40 slow and a 95 main. I believe that is stock for a 250.

I am planning to put a 360 in it once I rebuild the engine I picked up, and I intend to use the carbs with two rebuild kits with 68 slow and 100 main. It'll probly need upping once I get it made...

I'll keep you all posted as much as I can throughout the engine spruce up!
So far I have rings and a piston, cam chain, oil seal kit, carb rebuild kit.
I have pulled down the engine enough to take the head and barrels to the local relevant peoples to see where they were at. Good news is the head is usable with a bit of a clean and some skimming etc. Other good news is also that the bore is still in spec so just a hone is required.

Thats about where I'm up to... ;)

How do you like those taillights, Custom Dynamics, right? Did you get the ones with the amber outside ring for turn signals?

I got mine off Ebay. It has the signal in the outside ring, but regs in OZ call for something like 230mm between blinker centres.

The unit itself is easy to work with and pretty well built. LED's are bright and it all functions well. Keep in mind that the number plate light is built in to the bottom of the housing.

Back
Top Bottom