1970 CB350 Cafe Jobber :)

Fan-frickin-tastic!

I have been looking at those taper-tip exhausts for my CL. Where did you buy yours? Do you sell you cafe seats? Does the seat mount to the stock mounts?

Sorry for the 20questions.

You bike looks AMAZING!!!

- Woody

i think that gauge suits the bike perfectly with the clubmans, i'd like to know how you mounted it, but i'm sure i can work it out myself, really good tasteful stuff

woody1981 said:
Fan-frickin-tastic!

I have been looking at those taper-tip exhausts for my CL. Where did you buy yours? Do you sell you cafe seats? Does the seat mount to the stock mounts?

- Woody

hey woody, those emgo muffs are sold on JCWhitney. and yes, the standard clamp can be used, but the mounting tab can be a real hassle, as i welded mine on to the frame ear for the rear peg, then painted it the color of the frame

brewtown16 said:
hey woody, those emgo muffs are sold on JCWhitney. and yes, the standard clamp can be used, but the mounting tab can be a real hassle, as i welded mine on to the frame ear for the rear peg, then painted it the color of the frame

You got it! They are emgo muffs. I cut down the mounting bracket that came with the mufflers to match the agles of the original CB350 mounting location. I drilled a hole on the brqcket and mounted them to the stock hangar.

liam said:
i think that gauge suits the bike perfectly with the clubmans, i'd like to know how you mounted it, but i'm sure i can work it out myself, really good tasteful stuff

I fabbed up a bracket out of 1/8" flat steel and mounted the bracket under the stock guage mounts on the tripple tree using 1/4" stainless bolts. This brought the bracket about 2" lower than stock.

How do they sound? Do you sell your seats?

- Woody

bhppy101 said:
You got it! They are emgo muffs. I cut down the mounting bracket that came with the mufflers to match the agles of the original CB350 mounting location. I drilled a hole on the brqcket and mounted them to the stock hangar.

woody1981 said:

- Woody

woody1981 said:
Fan-frickin-tastic!

- Woody

Hi Woody,

If you were local I could make you a seat. I have made seats before using the original pan (slimmed down) stock mounting location so that it would keep the stock under the seat access. But most of my seats are bolted directly to the frame. I weld in some mounting tabs and fiberglass some bolts through the seat pan. I think it looks better (in most applications) keeping the seat close to the frame and making it lower profile. Heres a Yamaha XS500 that I built using the stock seat pan:

woody1981 said:

- Woody

They produce a pretty deep rumble and are much louder than stock. You might have to re-jet...but I just adjusted the mix scre and vac synched the cards. It still has a little pop on decel but its not bad at all.

oh man, I have been drooling over that xs500 for a while. I just recently got a xs500 as well. Could we get a spec sheet on that bike?

yeah they do sound awesome, esp through the 5K-9k rpm range on my cb360. lotsa growl. i have the side slash cut shorties, and i think i got them on sale for 70 for the pair. def look into them.

im looking at making a CL style exhaust with the shorty seamless megaphones when i get some more bread coming in.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductBrowse?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID%3A2006468&productId=2006468&catalogId=10111&N=111%2B10211%2B600014672&rlid=home_best

Back
Top Bottom