73 CB 750 - First Cafe Projected Aptly Named, "EXCESS"

Just had a chance to check this out a little more in depth, very nice indeed! I expected the exhaust to be louder, I'm kinda surprised.
I love the way it tucks under the bike too, very cool.

The polishing you did on this build is just amazing, what products do you use/ what process do you use. Also did you paint the crankcase, or is that raw metal

bgfootball67 said:
Here is my finished cafe project, a 1973 Honda CB 750 I have owned since I was 15 years old. I traded my father's friend a cement saw, I found on the side of the road, for the bike.

Here is how she started:

StartingPoint9-12-06.jpg

9-12-06LeftSide.jpg

The destruction:

9-30-06RightSideWorkBench.jpg

10-23-06TearDown.jpg

12-3-06FramegroundbracketsEngineout.jpg

12-10-06FrameMods.jpg

More pics later......

This is just an amazing build. I love it....
All the polished aluminum, from the engine side covers to the controls, to the rear and front hubs, look amazing. Do you have any tips or tricks to polishing aluminum, because you obviously really know what you are doing. So far I have sanded most of my parts smooth with 80 grit as they were pretty rough, and now I plan to work my way up to 120, and then wetsand with wd40 at 240, 400, 600, 800, 1000. With each grit I will try and reverse directions, and then go to town polishing. Does this sound right, any flaws in my logic?

hey bud if you do a search, there are a few of us that have done step by step polishing how to's... my shop regularly does show polishing and we use stuff that any adverage joe can get at the local hardware store to do it

Thank you for the complement, most of the stuff on the build is triple plated show chrome. The only items that are polished is the controls, levers and hubs (nuts and bolts). Do a search for polishing and there is several examples on this site. No easy way, lot of work and messy....

I am wanting to polish some of my parts also. What do you put over the metal to keep it from oxidizing? Everything that I've ever polished before has oxidized after a while.

Very sweet. The craftmanship is superb.
When riding, do you wear the shoe or store it?
Gonna borrow your idea. Suppose slingbacks are the only way to go.....
Thanks man...

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!

Mate, that is beautiful!!
You must be so proud of the result. That bike is inspiring, I think we would all like to have results like that.
Also the colours are sooooooo classy.

I think I will have to work a little harder ::) ::) ::)

Cheers mate.

Back
Top Bottom