Copper Pipe Customs - CL175 Build Thread - THE TIGER! (DONE..for now. VIDEO!)

Re: My CL175 Build Thread - Finally!

UPDATE!

PROGRESS:

photo.jpg

PAINTED THE PAN:

photo5.jpg

MADE A LITTLE MINI-CONE FOR PRACTICE:

photo2.jpg

STARTED WITH THIS SHAPE:

photo2-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

DEVELOPING THE SHAPE:

photo2-2.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

THE PIPES FROM EBAY:

photo4.jpg

MUFFLER BUSINESS:

photo3.jpg

MORE TO COME LATER THIS WEEKEND!

-JOHN

Whoops - some duplicates in there - oh well you guys get the idea! Should be glassing tomorrow.

Right on. I like it. Seat shape is funky. Cant wait to see it glassed & done. Im almost done my seat for my 175, which Ive made out of cherry wood. Its sexy. Padded underwear is in store for long rides though

I'd keep that tank color. Actually don't I've been looking for a color to paint my bike, was black/green combo and decided on a candy orange when I came across you're so change it all you want. lol

And the seat looks good. I've never used florist foam for building fiberglass parts, just the SM foam from Home depot. I've also use a harder denisty of SM foam that goes under the name of renshape. Perfect for machining into products.

Keep it coming

Jay

Lookin great man! Cant wait to see this seat finished! As far as the pipe, any exhaust shop should be able to hook you up. Look for one that advertises custom or race exhausts. Thell be the most helpful.

Re: My CL175 Build Thread - THE TIGER!

Heres a little photo update:

Mounted up the new suspension so we had to drill out the old sleeves in the original bushings (Ill replace these eventually)

photo-3.jpg

The new bolt:

photo4-2.jpg

The modified sleeve:

photo2-3.jpg

Cutting a spacer for the cleavis:

photo5-2.jpg

Redwings mounted!

photo-5.jpg

For fun:

photo2-5.jpg

This too:

photo3-5.jpg

Cutting the passenger peg brackets:

photo5-3.jpg

The cut:

photo-4.jpg

Mounting up the rearset:

photo2-4.jpg

There she blows!

photo3-4.jpg

Trying to get a lot done this week/weekend -

Really great progress, I'm diggin' the seat with the different style hump. And Tiger, eh? GREAT CHOICE!

Are you going to cover the whole seat in vinyl/leather, or will the 'bump' be painted? Was gonna suggest continuing the 'tiger stripes' from the tank in some way on the tail.

Keep up the great work. Really awesome.

loudest143

Loudest:

Im not positive yet man - My initial thought was to sand sand sand, paint paint paint that hump, which would definitely look sweet, but after seeing Tim's seat with the light tucked under the upholstered seat, I may have been turned! PLus it would be an easier job, and depending on how I brace it, my girl could ride too! We'll see... Thanks though! Should be on to the seat bit this weekend, Ill keep the thread updated. Gonna finally replace all my cables tonight, and mount up my bar ends - This thing is getting a quick and dirty build for now - Gonna wait on pulling the motor since its running really well - PLus im sure once the motor is out Ill want to paint the frame and bla bla bla so Im just gonna get some riding in first and see where that takes me (im guessing itll take me about 60mph haha)

John

John, if your old shocks were anything like mine you're gonna love those Redwings. I ordered some from Ohio and took the bike around the block real quick. Huge difference! Then my "battery" (experimental) came loose and had to push it back. Thank goodness for little bikes. Figure out what you are going to lay down for the seat pad? Or did I read over it.

Well the old one were Boge. Im 99% sure they didnt come on the bike, and they were actually pretty sweet - but beat to shit- so the redwings came on to the scene. They feel a lot softer than the Boges which was weird, but being that theyre a progressive spring im sure a little adjustment and some riding will prove that theyre great. They were about 1/4 inch shorter too, but doesnt seem to have changed the ride height. Gonna rebuild my fork here soon so Im planning on this thing handling pretty well!

If you paint that tank I will hunt you down and kill you. I will...

Super find! great progress! Please don't paint that tank.

I've been looking all over the place and can't find a decent pic of the rear-sets on the brake side for these 175's. If you get the chance would you mind running out and snappin one for me?

R:

Funny you ask - I have a pic, but the linkage isnt attached... Last night we got down to flipping the brake actuator and doing the linkage, but hit a snag - It was cold and I was unfocussed, so I probably just couldnt get my head around it, but the tension on the brake lever was weird - due to the position of the actuator arm on the drum, it wasnt positioning the brake pedal correctly and was springing the opposite way - Ive got it figured out today, but last night was a lost cause. Once I get that on (tonight) I will upload a pic. To be completely honest man, Brent's product is really a wonderful piece. VERY easy to install, my idiocracy last night aside. Plus he is reasonably priced.

Looks great! where did you track down the linkage for those rear sets? man those are nice!!

Thats Brent at Motobits Joe! Came all neatly organized by left and right side - Thats the set! They are sweet man.

Charles, they should be up on page 2 of this build.

John, no rush man. I've just never seen how the linkage was put together for the brake side and was curious

Big R said:
Charles, they should be up on page 2 of this build.

John, no rush man. I've just never seen how the linkage was put together for the brake side and was curious

Its very simple man - The brake actuator must be flipped since there is only about a quarter of it that isnt splined. You will see what I mean when you do this.

After youve done that, its standard hookup. Adjustment is weird, as I learned last night, but its eeasy!

Ill post pics as soon as its done.

hurry up & finish thems pipes bra. I wanna see what results.

Cha?

Really nice job so far. I dig it a bunch. I like how you did the rear sets easy peasy. A very nice product and they look really good. Nice work on the tail too!

Back
Top Bottom